The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:50 pm 

1 - How are sales going? I ask because my Columbus friends haven't purchased their tickets yet and I have a sneaking suspicion that they might get shut out and I'll have to attend solo - well, with 300 other horror movie freaks, so not really solo :)
2 - Since I purchased thru Paypal from out-of-state, do I get a "REAL" ticket or will my Email confirmation suffice for my entrance into the marathon?
3 - Can you be sure to have a couple XXL tee-shirts? The years have been cruel but tasty.

Thanks, I am so excited to know that I'll be at the Marathon this year!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:03 am 

I have one too. I am worried that my ticket hasn't arrived yet. I know the Paypal worked b/c it shows in my account that it was sent, plus I got an online receipt. Am I just freaking out for no reason?

I am super excited about this year's lineup. Sounds like great fun--again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 am 
Site Admin

jwvoakes wrote:
1 - How are sales going? I ask because my Columbus friends haven't purchased their tickets yet and I have a sneaking suspicion that they might get shut out and I'll have to attend solo - well, with 300 other horror movie freaks, so not really solo :)
2 - Since I purchased thru Paypal from out-of-state, do I get a "REAL" ticket or will my Email confirmation suffice for my entrance into the marathon?

I'll jump in for Bruce here, at least on a couple of these ... since he may not have seen them yet.

#1 Sales are going really well, but it's still early so I think they've got time. Still, I wouldn't wait too long, they'll ramp up more quickly through September.

#2 You will get a physical ticket, which should get mailed to you by Bruce soon. If for whatever reason you don't get one, contact Bruce via e-mail and he can work out the issue. I think you can also arrange to pick them up the day of the event if you prefer, but Bruce is really the authority there.

prslaughter wrote:
I have one too. I am worried that my ticket hasn't arrived yet. I know the Paypal worked b/c it shows in my account that it was sent, plus I got an online receipt. Am I just freaking out for no reason?

Don't worry. I know for a fact that because of a certain lazy delivery boy, Bruce didn't get the tickets till Friday, so I'm sure he hasn't had time to send them out. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:28 am 

jwvoakes wrote:
1 - How are sales going? I ask because my Columbus friends haven't purchased their tickets yet and I have a sneaking suspicion that they might get shut out and I'll have to attend solo

The Marathon hasn't sold out for the last couple of years however with a set date and theater for the event the tickets have been selling more and more so we are all praying that this year will be a sell out event of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:44 pm 

Love the pic of Fry inserted into the answer. So appropriate since I love that show. Can't wait for Oct to get here!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 pm 

There are certainly at least a few "butts in seats" type of screenings, including THE DEVILS and DEAD ALIVE. It all of course depends on how far reaching the advertising budget is. I'm encouraged by the news of strong initial sales, and I'm sure there will be a flyer floating around soon.

With a strong lineup, I only hope some of the kinks can be worked out to retain newer audiences. Little things on the day of the event such as opening the doors in a timely manner and minimizing the numerous projection problems that have cropped up the past couple years can go a long way. Don't get me wrong, the theater and everyone involved could not be nicer and more welcoming, but logistics are frustrating sometimes, especially to someone who comes a long way and spends a lot of money for this. I've also noticed on the theater's website they are attempting to launch a Kickstarter campaign for improvements. Like they say, what goes around comes around, so support the theater and they will continue to support us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 pm 

I got my ticket today at the Laughing Orge. I did see that they still have a good stack of them left.