The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 am 

A few more points.

Motorcycles are not allowed in the restroom areas. Please. Things get crowded enough as it is.

No singing during the movie, this is not American Idol. No-one wants to hear your song.

No animals. In the Studio 35 days some ferrets got loose and started rooting around behind the concession stand which was a health hazard. The grandview is not a zoo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:02 am 

trenthammer wrote:
A few more points.

Motorcycles are not allowed in the restroom areas. Please. Things get crowded enough as it is.

No singing during the movie, this is not American Idol. No-one wants to hear your song.

No animals. In the Studio 35 days some ferrets got loose and started rooting around behind the concession stand which was a health hazard. The grandview is not a zoo.

You also forgot to mention make sure you turn OFF the headlights on your motorcycle, not only is it very distracting and causes a glare on the movie screen, but you could blind someone for Pete's sake!

Also, this was a big problem last year, please make sure you are not standing on the theater SEATS throughout the marathon. They are called SEATS for a reason, nobody wants to look at your fat ass while the movie is going on.

And please, limit yourself to only four pairs of pants worn simultaneously. It may be mild outside, but it's going to be warm in the theater.

And don't forget to tip your wait staff...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:47 am 

So, from what I've gathered here's what I intend on doing come Saturday:

1. Do not shower for at least 2 days
2. Talk and comment through every movie and most especially answer my phone when I can.
3. bring only $50 and $100's
4. Stop up all the toilets with my pooh, including poohing in the urinals.
5. be sure to not wash hands throughout the entire night
6. DO NOT buy any Thon paraphernalia...this includes Tee's, hoodies or coffee mugs
7. DO NOT thank Joe or Bruce
8. Pee in my seat as often as possible.

Did I miss anything? Thank you everyone for all the sound advice!! This may be the best Marathon yet!! I can't wait!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 am 

I know this is a touchy subject and I will try to be diplomatic here and choose my words carefully.... Please refrain from releasing anal vapors while in the auditorium, please go to the men/womens room or go outside and share your gas with the smokers. 24 hours is a long time to be in a room filled with tooter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 pm 

Could be worse. The person or persons who keeps on passing the anal vapors could be shitting their pants. What too graphic?

Now if you are offended by choice of words just remember the lineup. The Devils with the christ raping.

The years I go the marathons there alot of people I encounter that barely have the basic life skills to function.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm 

hmmm...barely have the life skills to function eh wilcail?...well, I think that is pretty outrageous to say...I mean, I don't understand what purpose you are serving by blatantly denigrating fellow marathon attendees...a few folks took the opportunity to poke a little fun because of your non-stop rules and guidelines for the marathon, which I might add, are different for each individual person...there's no ten commandments of marathon attendance (or is there Mr. Neff? Ancient drexel north commandment tablets perhaps?)....and yet you come back with something about life skills?...wow...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:09 pm 

Hallbeast, history has shown that it never takes long for the insults to start flowing on this board. It's not worth it to fight back, believe me we've all tried. There are some nice people here with interesting things to say, we unfortunately just have to ignore every other post. It's a shame, but that's the way it has to be, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:26 pm 

For the nine years I've been going to both marathons Joe and Bruce give some groundrules before the start of both respected marathons.

Expressing some sort of baseline respect and graditude for the Manager and staff of The Grandview these days showing must be out of fashion. They don't have to keep hosting. We are the guest. Show some respect.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 pm 

I always show the theaters, staff, others around me, and especially Joe and Bruce, major respect. However, you shall no longer get mine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm 

I am definitely going to fart now. A LOT.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am 

Wow, things have not changed at all since my last post here... why am I not surprised? :roll:

I think the #1 rule should be to not insult our fellow Marathon audience members. If there are any official rules. I always make sure to shower before the event though, in case I should happen to run into willcail. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 am 

See, I always thought Bruce put it best. Be nice to the people around you - they may be awake when you're asleep...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hallbeast wrote:
there's no ten commandments of marathon attendance (or is there Mr. Neff? Ancient drexel north commandment tablets perhaps?)

Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy the Drexel North commandment tablets at the fire sale when the theater closed. Don't think I didn't want to. But I did happen to pick up a theater seat, two SOCIETY posters (signed by Brian Yuzna) and Bruce's ponytail (which was being used as a replacement belt in the North's second projector.)