The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:05 pm 

Oh my oh my, yes please! "The Greasy Strangler"

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3393934 ... see-today/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:49 pm 

I was one of the 6 or 7 people who ended up seeing Jeremy Saulnier's fantastic Green Room while it was in theaters. At the time, the question in my mind was not "if" it would play at a horror marathon, but rather "when." Judging from what I know about the personal tastes of Joe and Bruce, and the normal pattern of including a recent critically acclaimed yet underperforming film in the lineup, I suspect this may have already been on their radar for this year.

With the news today of Anton Yelchin's unfortunate and untimely passing, this simply must be screened at Shock Around The Clock this October in his honor.

RIP, Charlie Bartlett

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:41 pm 

I second GREEN ROOM, I saw it in theaters as well and it did not disappoint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:55 am 

I wouldn't mind seeing THE WITCH on the big screen, slow burn but a great story.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:03 pm 

with english translated subtitles?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 pm 

cleazer wrote:
with english translated subtitles?

I saw it with subtitles that were just subtitles of what was being said onscreen, it wasn't translated to modern English but it still made it easy enough to understand IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am 

Ghost wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing THE WITCH on the big screen, slow burn but a great story.

"slow burn"? For goodness sakes, it is slower than a broke kneed sloth on Thorazine! The movie bored the living $%#& out of me! I love the ending, but I will never, EVER watch this movie again. It got WAYYYYY more hype than it deserves. I am seemingly one of the few people on the planet that doesn't care for this movie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 pm 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
Ghost wrote:

"slow burn"? For goodness sakes, it is slower than a broke kneed sloth on Thorazine! The movie bored the living $%#& out of me! I love the ending, but I will never, EVER watch this movie again. It got WAYYYYY more hype than it deserves. I am seemingly one of the few people on the planet that doesn't care for this movie.

I felt the same way about IT FOLLOW but people still love it, strange planet we live on

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:41 am 

Ghost wrote:
HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I felt the same way about IT FOLLOW but people still live, strange planet we live on

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:20 am 

I can't remember if I've ever suggested this in the past, but I recently rewatched an old favorite of mine and it again occurred to me that it'd be a really cool inclusion for the marathon one day. I would argue it is every bit the horror movie though some might not think/classify it as such. I'd be curious about the audience reaction to it...

Picnic at Hanging Rock

It's a beautiful but spooky and haunting film. (perfect fodder for a 4 a.m. time slot! :D )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:29 am 

not worldsfinest wrote:
I can't remember if I've ever suggested this in the past, but I recently rewatched an old favorite of mine and it again occurred to me that it'd be a really cool inclusion for the marathon one day. I would argue it is every bit the horror movie though some might not think/classify it as such. I'd be curious about the audience reaction to it...

Picnic at Hanging Rock

It's a beautiful but spooky and haunting film. (perfect fodder for a 4 a.m. time slot! :D )

That is a great, creepy flick! I had seen it a long time a go & a few months back it was on Turner Classic Movies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:27 pm 

Farva wrote:
not worldsfinest wrote:

Picnic at Hanging Rock

That is a great, creepy flick! I had seen it a long time a go & a few months back it was on Turner Classic Movies.

GIANT THUMBS UP EMOJI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 am 

The French cannibal movie Raw made people pass out in Toronto. Sounds like a winner for the Marathon, no?

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/the ... in-toronto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:05 pm 

I can't remember if I suggested this one already, but I would love to see ANGEL HEART on the big screen. Even though elements of it are a little cheesy and the ending has kind of been overdone by now, I still really like it stylistically.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17