The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm 

How about Lair of the White Worm with Peter Calpadi?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:40 pm 

How about the following:

The Living Skeleton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sO6hma ... 8sO6hma_wY

Genocide AKA War of the Insects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwNHNgd8 ... wNHNgd86Og

Since Goke Bodysnachters of Hell was from Shochiku. The Living Skeleton and Genocide was from Shochiku as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:43 pm 

Frankenstein's Army

Website.

http://www.frankensteinsarmy.com/

Red band trailer.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/67222/ ... hes-online

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm 

Frankenstein's Army is still or did play(ed) at the Gateway Film Center. Plus its on Video on Demand right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:02 pm 

Admittedly, I haven't seen a whole bunch of horror movies, but the movie that's scared me the most (out of pure "WTF is going on??) was Eraserhead (1977). And it hasn't been shown at an OH Marathon since 1997.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm 

Burnt Offerings
House of 1000 Corpses
Trilogy of Terror

These three films have one actress that starred in all three films. It would be nice to get one of these films.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:09 am 

I second Burnt Offerings, Tales From The Crypt ('72), and Inside (À l'intérieur)..
..also:
Tenebrae
Slaughter High
The Blob ('88)
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
The Brood
The Nest
Xtro
The Sentinel
Dawn Of The Mummy
Intruder
Night Of The Demons '88
Squirm
Combat Shock
Contamination
Nightmare In A Damaged Brain
Anthropophagus
Don't Go In The House
Hotel For Dogs
Daddy Day Care
Mr Deeds

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:30 am 

Why not Manos the Hands of Fate there is an 2k DCP copy of the film. http://www.manosinhd.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:48 pm 

*starts humming Torgo theme*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:42 pm 

Here is the direct link to get Manos 2k DCP. http://www.manosinhd.com/fundraising/screenings/

There is an email address to get Manos. So Please Joe Neff book it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:39 pm 

Popping in to beg for the Nightbreed: Cabal Cut! :)

I'd also love to see the original Amityville Horror, Halloween III, The Fog, Creepshow, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, or Exorcist III. All of them pipe dreams, I suspect.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

Let's see...some notes on some of these:

*Last we heard, screening NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT involved a somewhat complicated process. The film was only available on Blu-Ray, with the cut scenes inserted...but only in workprint form. The restorationist had to be present at the screening (which entailed flying him in from England) during which he had to be posted in the booth so as to ensure no bootlegging. Now, that might be changing if the altered cut ever makes it to home video, but for now...

*We actually showed THE FOG almost ten years ago (yikes!) at the final INCREDIBLE 2-HEADED MARATHON. Bruce and I both consider it a favorite, so don't be surprised if it pops up again sometime. And HALLOWEEN III would be a lot of fun. Not sure when, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it played some day, especially with the recent round of critical reevalution.

*CREEPSHOW! A childhood favorite! It's also a Warner Bros. title, and they've essentially turned off the faucet on their 35mm prints...and I'm not sure if they have a DCP yet. But yes, it would be a great add at some point.

*We pursued TENEBRAE a few years back. It's one of my favorite Argentos and would probably play like gangbusters. Unfortunately, the only known domestic, mostly uncut print is located at the Academy of Arts and Sciences archive. And if you don't have connections, convincing them to loan you a print can be hard (hell, if you HAVE connections it can be hard.) But don't give up hope on this...or on other Argento titles. Been too damn long since we played one of his films.

*SLAUGHTER HIGH?!?!? Seeing its trailer on Nite Owl Theatre as a child scared the bejeezus out of me. But actually seeing it many years later? Ugh. Not sure if it's even so bad that it's good.

*Eleven years ago, that dude who occasionally posts here as carter9000 (one of my best friends and a longtime Marathon diehard) and I sat through a legendary triple feature of PIECES, DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE and NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN at the dear, departed fleapit that was the Vine Theater in Hollywood. That night was the impetus for the hit screening of PIECES at the 2003 NIGHTMARE AT STUDIO 35. But Carter has also been bugging me for YEARS to program NIGHTMARES at a Marathon. I wouldn't rule it out. Of course, I've been telling him that same thing for eleven years, so...

*I wouldn't be surprised if THE INNKEEPERS played sometime soon. It's pretty damn good.

*À l'intérieur (a.k.a. INSIDE) is a film that didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. That being said, it would probably be a fun thrill ride.

*Several years ago, we had a conversation about films that we considered played out (like DEAD ALIVE, EVIL DEAD, etc.) But then we realized that there's been enough audience turnover throughout the years that there's a whole swath of Marathoids who have never seen, say, EVIL DEAD 2 in a theater...or at all. Something to keep in mind.

*Per the anniversary of BLACK SABBATH, you know that I'm always game for more Bava. Several times, I've had TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE on my list. And hey, BLACK SUNDAY hasn't played since the 1998 BRIDE OF SHOCKTOBERFEST.

*PHANTASM! Yes! Long overdue for a screening. One of the best films of its kind.

Okay, I could go on like this all night. But there's some input..at least in terms of films I feel qualified to talk about.

And yes, we're still plugging away at finalizing things. Several recent real life events have required us to take a short break from Marathon Mania, but we're still here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
Let's see...some notes on some of these:

And HALLOWEEN III would be a lot of fun. Not sure when, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it played some day, especially with the recent round of critical reevalution.

Hey, I actually REVIEWED it when it came out and gave it a thumbs up! I guess I was ahead of the curve..........AGAIN!!!

:D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 am 

I can neither explain nor defend my love for the sleazy, uninspired, "what goddamn country do they expect us to believe this is set in?", trashheap-slasher that is Slaughter High, but it is real, and I will keep hoping...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm 

Slither

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next