The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:57 am 

Ok, we all know wish lists may not carry a lot of weight around here but I figured what the heck it's still fun. Thanks to Scream Factory the Horror Marathon has some new Blood to add to the list of possible Movies. List is in no particular order:

The Haunted Palace - BluRay (The Must have Vincent Price Classic)
Amityville Horror - BluRay (I can belive this has not shown yet)
Halloween II - BluRay (More of the night HE came Home)
Halloween III - BluRay (The Night NO ONE Came Home)
The Funhouse - BluRay (Tobe Hoopers Chilling Follow up to Texas Chainsaw)
Friday the 13th -Available as DLP (The Marathon needs a dose of Camp Crystal lake)

The Triple Feature of Terror
TerrorVision - BluRay - (A Dose of 80's Comedy Alien Terror)
Terror in the Aisles - BluRay - (The only Documentary that should play at a marathon)
Terror Train - BluRay (Because one JLC Film is not enough)

Still room for 2 Premiers and I can provide all the Blu-Rays listed :D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am 

Isn't it the 30th anniversary of Jaws 3-D? :P

Suspiria - pretty much the top of my list - I would love to see this on the big screen. I don't think it's played a marathon for at least 10 years...

Creepshow
Evil Dead / Evil Dead 2
Rosemary's Baby
The Innkeepers
At least 1 Corman Horror - Forbidden World / Humanoids from the Deep / Galaxy of Terror
Shivers

30th anniversary movies
Deadly Spawn
Frightmare
House of Long Shadows
House on Sorority Row
The Hunger
Psycho II
Sleepaway Camp
The Keep
Nightmares
Xtro
Christine
Cujo

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:47 pm 

I second The Innkeepers! I LOVED House of the Devil, so to see West's newest would be a treat!

All Evil Dead movies (I have, amazingly, never seen any of them)
Halloween 2 & 3
JASON X
Slither
Suspiria (again, haven't seen)
Phantasm (haven't seen)
The Lost Boys
Trick R Treat
Fright Night (ORIGINAL, sans Colin Farrell)
The Descent

25TH Anniversary Horror:
Cheerleader Camp
Child's Play
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
The Lair of the White Worm
Maniac Cop
Monkey Shines
Necromancer
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
Phantasm 2
Poltergeist 3
Pumpkinhead
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers
Watchers

And in the spirit of our annual challenging/brutal horror entry, I vote for Alexandre Bustillo & Julien Maury's Inside (aka À l'intérieur). Watched a trailer, read a couple articles, and it definitely sounds like it would slide right in with our past entries (Irreversible, Martyrs, A Serbian Film, Kill List). Also in this vein, I nominate Fabrice Du Welz's The Ordeal (Calvaire) and Jorge Michel Grau's We Are What We Are

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:29 am 

Inside would definitely cause some controversy. But if we really want to freak people out, we could show this (assuming it's finished by the marathon):

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/05/the-direc ... angst.html

Please note my complete and utter sarcasm. We wouldn't want to show anything, you know, too horrifying.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 am 

I'll vote for my usual suspects, stuff like Sleepaway Camp or Piranha 2:The Crapping. How about a 2-for of The Shining and Room 237?

However, I no longer need to suggest Phantom Of The Mall Erics Revenge. We watched that classic a few months ago.

Hallbeast wrote:
All Evil Dead movies (I have, amazingly, never seen any of them)

I was going to post some gif that said "banned" or something like that, but you know, there were a bunch of people at this year's sci-fi marathon who hadn't seen 2001, and surprisingly there were even a few who hadn't seen the much newer Inception. Considering that Evil Dead isn't exactly the biggest movie of all time, I'll bet a ton of folks at the horror marathon haven't seen Evil Dead, so yeah, this would probably actually be a good selection. Or even 2 of them to bookend the marathon.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 am 

As long as everyone is on the subject of Anniversaries, there are also some very good choices even if we were to go back as many as fifty years.

1963 saw the release of Black Sabbath, which played recently, but has never been a part of a full, 24 Hour schedule. But there are also at last two other solid classics made half a century ago that have never played a Columbus Marathon (along with the aforementioned The Haunted Palace): Blood Feast and The Birds.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am 

Have you ever had... an Egyptian Feast?

I would LOVE to see Blood Feast on the big screen (although, I do like 2000 Maniacs better, even for the theme song alone)!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm 

My wish List
The Last Lovecraft
Mother of Tears
The Innkeepers
Ginger Snaps
Phantasm
Amityville Horror II
Corman's The Raven
The Exorcist
Evil Dead ( the original)
If someone can force the release of the Knights of Badassdom that would be most rightous!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 pm 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the all time holiday classic, Lord Of Illusions.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:23 am 

Here is my list

Jason X
Slither
Bride of Chucky
American Mary
http://www.twistedtwinsproductions.net/americanmary.htm
The Loved Ones http://www.thelovedonesmovie.com/
Oogleloves in the Great Balloon Adventure
Friday the 13 3(D)
The Dunwitch Horror
April Fools Day
Mothers Day original
Graduation Day
The Toxic Avenger

Room 237 is on the same lines of that BS Finding Bigfoot show. Majority of the documentry is made up of hearsay that can't be proven.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 am 

willcail wrote:

Room 237 is on the same lines of that BS Finding Bigfoot show. Majority of the documentry is made up of hearsay that can't be proven.

??

If you watched Room 237 expecting an answer, I think you missed the point of the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:29 am 

Kubrick is still dead, as far as we know. So none of the theories in Room 237 can be confirmed by him... that's why they are theories and not facts. I personally don't think he intended any of that, but until he rises from the grave and tells us one way or the other, they will remain theories.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 pm 

From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_237

In a March 27, 2013 article in The New York Times, Leon Vitali, who served as personal assistant to Kubrick on the film, stated "There are ideas espoused in the movie that I know to be total balderdash"; for example, the documentary's theory concerning a poster of a minotaur is in fact referencing a poster of a skier and the film's usage of a German typewriter, interpreted to be symbolic of the Holocaust, was chosen by Kubrick for pragmatic reasons. He concluded that "[Kubrick] didn’t tell an audience what to think or how to think and if everyone came out thinking something differently that was fine with him. That said, I’m certain that he wouldn’t have wanted to listen to about 70, or maybe 80 percent [of Room 237]... Because it’s pure gibberish."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:16 pm 

I don't think the point of Room 237 is to PROVE anything. I think the point of the movie is that these theories exist. I never thought for one single second that the documentary was about right or wrong. I would even go as far as to say that I think its greater point isn't really even about The Shining. It's about fans and art and interpretation and even a bit of obsession. OF COURSE some of the theories espoused in it come across as total bunk. But that doesn't mean it isn't informative or entertaining to listen to the discussion. The people are real and their analysis, out there as it may be at times, is real.

And this is without even touching the issue of what meaning really is -- is it the author's intention or the viewer's interpretation?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 pm 

I have not yet had the chance to ghost hunt at the Stanley Hotel but it's on my list, supposed to be very haunted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next