The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:34 am 

crystallake58 wrote:
Looking forward to October. Here are our suggestions:

John Dies At The End
Dracula AD 1972
The Howling
Jason X
Grave of the Vampire
Burnt Offerings
Humanoids from the Deep
House of 1000 Corpses
Friday the 13th Pt 3 (in 3D)
Witchboard
House of Usher
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Amityville Horror
In Search Of Episode on Amityville Horror

Lots of good titles on this list, I wish the Drexel had the proper set up to show Friday the 13th Pt 3 (in 3D) but this will probably never happen although maybe we could get part 1, 2, or 4 someday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:05 am 

Farva wrote:
cleazer wrote:
I could go for a boat marathon, but it would have to include Deep Rising and Piranha 2.

Dead Calm
Orca
40th Anniversary of Jaws
Virus
Deep Rising

Thumbs up!

Deep Blue Sea
DeepStar Six
Sphere
Ghost Ship

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:52 am 

How could I forget Sphere?! Ghost Ship only has like one good scene & the rest is a snoozer imo.

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
Farva wrote:
cleazer wrote:
I could go for a boat marathon, but it would have to include Deep Rising and Piranha 2.

Dead Calm
Orca
40th Anniversary of Jaws
Virus
Deep Rising

Thumbs up!

Deep Blue Sea
DeepStar Six
Sphere
Ghost Ship

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:16 pm 

Farva wrote:
How could I forget Sphere?! Ghost Ship only has like one good scene & the rest is a snoozer imo.

I would rather see Death Ship (1980) it has it's slow moments but I think it does a good job of creating a spooky atmosphere and they did a good job of making the ship become a character in the movie instead of just a setting (I feel the same way about the train in "Terror Train" which I would also love to see on the big screen hint hint)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 am 

Ghost wrote:
Farva wrote:

I would rather see Death Ship (1980) it has it's slow moments but I think it does a good job of creating a spooky atmosphere and they did a good job of making the ship become a character in the movie instead of just a setting (I feel the same way about the train in "Terror Train" which I would also love to see on the big screen hint hint)

You don't like DeepStar Six? SAY WHAAT? :O I love the creepy atmosphere of the movie and the feel of slowly impending doom, and the poster for it is just awesome. I am ALL FOR Terror Train showing! It's about time we show a movie with Ms. Jamie Lee Curtis.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:10 pm 

I am ALL FOR Terror Train showing! It's about time we show a movie with Ms. Jamie Lee Curtis.

Besides Halloween and The Fog, I love those 2 movies but the get shown to often. Terror Train or Prom Night would be Great for the Marathons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:04 pm 

Ghost wrote:
I am ALL FOR Terror Train showing! It's about time we show a movie with Ms. Jamie Lee Curtis.

Besides Halloween and The Fog, I love those 2 movies but the get shown to often. Terror Train or Prom Night would be Great for the Marathons

Of course, The Fog. How could I forget? That showed back in...2005? Not that this movie is really famous or anything but this year does mark the 25th anniversary since its theatrical release in 1990. Tom Savini has said that this movie "is the REAL Creepshow 3". What movie could I possibly be referring to? Well, none other than TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE MOVIE! It is based on the show of the same name, which may have in turn been based on Creepshow. For some reason, George Romero couldn't call it "Creepshow: The Series", so he went with an equally sinister title; Tales From The Darkside. I think everyone here would enjoy this anthology Horror film. Its poster is one of the coolest I have ever seen. Does anyone else think that the creature on the poster looks like a gremlin?

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 41.8 KiB | Viewed 18947 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.97 KiB | Viewed 18947 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:06 am 

TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE MOVIE is awesome, would love to see this again on the big screen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:28 pm 

Blood Sucking Bastards.....just a suggestion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuiAJvPXpFs

It has "Randy" from The Cabin in the Woods & "Jeff" from Cabin Fever.

Opens in select theaters & VOD September 4th.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:33 pm 

Ghost wrote:
TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE MOVIE is awesome, would love to see this again on the big screen

For some stupid reason, I didn't urge my mother to take me to see this when it came out in theaters and I missed out big time. I'm glad you didn't miss the chance to see this on the big screen. This movie is simply a delight to watch, especially seeing many famous faces who would eventually get more famous over time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:34 pm 

"Silent Rage".....Kung Fu with a zombie!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 am 

Farva wrote:
"Silent Rage".....Kung Fu with a zombie!

and CHUCK NORRIS!! an 80's Classic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:46 am 

Ghost wrote:

For some stupid reason, I didn't urge my mother to take me to see this when it came out in theaters and I missed out big time. I'm glad you didn't miss the chance to see this on the big screen. This movie is simply a delight to watch, especially seeing many famous faces who would eventually get more famous over time.

I was 21 when this came out and was a huge fan of Christian Slater so I was not about to miss this movie. Who would have guessed that the super ugly guy (Steve Buscemi) would turn out to be the biggest name in the movie.

P.S. if you like Christian Slater his new show on the USA Channel is amazing, it's called MR. ROBOT, it Follows a young computer programmer who suffers from social anxiety disorder and forms connections through hacking. He's recruited by a mysterious anarchist, who calls himself Mr. Robot to take down the giant EVIL CORP.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 pm 

Ghost wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I was 21 when this came out and was a huge fan of Christian Slater so I was not about to miss this movie. Who would have guessed that the super ugly guy (Steve Buscemi) would turn out to be the biggest name in the movie.

P.S. if you like Christian Slater his new show on the USA Channel is amazing, it's called MR. ROBOT, it Follows a young computer programmer who suffers from social anxiety disorder and forms connections through hacking. He's recruited by a mysterious anarchist, who calls himself Mr. Robot to take down the giant EVIL CORP.

I seen previews for it. It looks AMAZING! It reminds me of a Sci Fi movie that came out in either 2010 or 2011. I can't remember the name of it, but in the movie, a man in a business suit realizes that there is something sinister behind these company logos he sees. Does anyone here know what movie this is?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:21 pm 

Beyond the black rainbow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next