The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:23 pm 

I'm not complaining that I have to leave my seat. It's that I have to constantly leave my seat and keep missing the film(s) for an order that they tell me will take a certain amount of time but usually takes over twice as long. This is true of not just the Drexel but the Grandview as well. Plus it takes them 10 minutes to even find my order slip, even though I was just there 30 minutes ago. I am perfectly willing to get out of my chair, but it's the hassle I don't like dealing with. If they would just tell me it will take 2 hours plus, then I wouldn't bother ordering from them in the first place.

Also, most restaurants close at a reasonable time of day, and the films are often scheduled so that the films I don't want to miss are playing before midnight. It's not like there is a scheduled dinner break. Otherwise I am happy to patronize a local restaurant. My friends usually eat from the concession stand though, and I'm from out of town so I don't necessarily know the best places to go anyway.

Not only that, but now I apparently have to worry about someone stealing my seat when I'm gone as well. :roll:

Last edited by WolfNC17 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 pm 

If I recall correctly, the main complaint--which I don't think is at all ridiculous--was that having someone root through our bags when we left our seats was an over-the-top way to ensure that people didn't bring their own food into the theater. This led to the discussion of why someone would bring food when food was already available, either thru concession or nearby restaurants. The reason given by several people was health-restricted diets. If you think that's stupid, then I envy your ability to fill your body full of whatever you please and suffer no consequences. Some of us just aren't that lucky.