The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

My name is Jerry Dandridge, and I approve this lineup.

BACK FROM THE DEAD! A HEART-STOPPING PLUNGE INTO CINEMATIC TERROR!
IT’S…

SHOCK AROUND
THE CLOCK

The 5th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon

AT
THE DREXEL THEATER
(2254 E. MAIN ST./COLUMBUS, OHIO)
NOON, OCTOBER 26-NOON OCTOBER 27

Once again, the annual terror tradition, the place where your nightmares come true, the celebration of cinematic excess is back for another fright-filled rotation of the planet. And for the first time since 1994, the 24-Hour Horror and Science Fiction Marathons are back under the same roof! There's no more room in Hell, so the dead will walk the Drexel!

As part of this year’s fearful festivities, we’re thrilled to announce the resurrection of the Drexel's 35mm projector, as we expand our viewing palate to include the phantasmagoric delights of both film and digital offerings!

And what a splatterific slate of offerings we have! This year’s film lineup features:

*JUST ADDED!!! A 35mm screening of Park Chan-wook's brilliantly gonzo vampire epic THIRST!

*Lon Chaney, Bela Lugosi and Claude Rains in a 2K DCP screening of the 1941 Universal Studios classic THE WOLF MAN!

*A rare 35mm screening of Dario Argento’s shattering masterpiece of atmospheric horror SUSPIRIA!

*Max von Sydow, Ellen Burstyn, Jason Miller and (of course) Linda Blair in a 40th Anniversary 2K DCP screening of William Friedkin’s boundary smashing modern classic THE EXORCIST!

*The haunting, dreamlike cult classic PHANTASM (in 35mm)!

*The ultimate Aztec lizard monster attacks New York experience with a 35mm screening of Larry Cohen’s Q: THE WINGED SERPENT!

*The bizarre feline frenzy of NIGHT OF 1000 CATS (in 35mm)!

*Tony Todd as the titular man of your nightmares in a 35mm screening of Clive Barker’s CANDYMAN!

*Roddy McDowell and William Ragsdale hunting suave bloodsucker Chris Sarandon in a 2K DCP screening of the modern vampire classic FRIGHT NIGHT!

*Heavy metal and Satanism run amok in the 1986 campfest TRICK OR TREAT (in 35mm)!

*Rob Zombie’s stunning, psychedelic horror freakout THE LORDS OF SALEM (in 2K DCP)!

*The Joss Whedon-penned, ultimate spam in a cabin horror/satire THE CABIN IN THE WOODS (in 2K DCP)!

In addition to this splatterific slate of films, one or two premieres may be added or substituted into the lineup.

PLUS!
-The 5th Annual Costume Contest, with $100 first prize and the highly collectible giant check!
-The 5th Annual Scream Contest!
-Coffinloads of prizes!
-Trailers, trailers and more trailers and shorts from the Nightmarathon archives!
-Official Shock Certificate to all who survive! Suitable for framing…or hanging!
-And more surprises!

Tickets for the 5th Annual SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK are $37 in advance or $40 at the door and can be purchased at:

Drexel Theater
2254 E. Main St.
Columbus, Ohio
614-231-1050
http://www.drexel.net
(Hours may vary. Consult the theatre's website for showtimes.)

Laughing Ogre Comics
4258 N. High St.
Columbus, Ohio
highstreet@laughingogrecomics.com
Mon. and Tues. 11:00-7:00
Wed. through Sat. 10:00-8:00
Sunday 12:00-6:00

Tickets may also be purchased online via PayPal (a $2.00 per ticket service fee is included). Check the TICKETS link at http://www.horrormarathon.com.

For all the latest Nightmarathon-related news, visit the Official SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK website at http://www.horrormarathon.com. And get your sleep now, for come October there’ll be no rest for the wicked!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:55 pm 

Just bought my ticket. GREAT news re: THE EXORCIST and SUSPIRIA. That was news definitely worth waiting for. Sounds like it'll be a blast.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:56 pm 

Awesome!

I'd also like to point out that I correctly guessed Q (among others) from the Bang The Drum Slowly picture. Sayin....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:13 pm 

Now this is how to program a marathon lineup. I'm glad that lessons learn and the 35mm projector will run again. There will be trailer reels and shorts. I did called it in antother post that Suspira will be screen. Did you properly obtain the rights to the prints and DCP's? Just asking

Since this is an ultra rare 35MM print of Suspira is this going to be the uncut version?

1986's Horror Shlockfest Trick or Treat will be screen. This is good news.

Fright Night Yes

Q The Wing Serpent Will be replaced at the last minute for Slither;)

Phantasam Another fine pick.

Night of the 1000 Cats. Don't be surprise if someone will yell thats a lot of ***** and people will groan.

Lords of Salem Never seen it can't wait Please schedule it early.

Cabin in the Woods. Unicorn Kills

Exorcist and The Wolf Man great films.

Joe you have restore my faith in the marathons. Please do the same for the SF marathon next year a mix of 35MM and DCP.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:41 pm 

The bigger and newer titles are definitely impressive and "good for business"... Those will be fun.

Trick Or Treat is a real pleasant surprise, and after watching a trailer in YouTube (and hearing it was recomended by the guys from Exhumed) I'm excited for Night Of A Thousand Cats.

When might the one or two other titles be announced?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

No time table on when the additional film or films will be announced. A lot of variables in play; we'd like to get some kind of local premiere, but that's been a tougher proposition in recent years. We'll see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:18 pm 

Oh my god, willcail said something positive? I might just die of fright right now!

But seriously, amazing lineup, can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:42 pm 

Slow clap. As always.

And hey, I think I predicted Suspiria from the Bang the Drum Slowly pic. It may SEEM like I was joking ... :)

um, just don't check my math

Last edited by not worldsfinest on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 pm 

I'm in love.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 pm 

This is one fantastic lineup. Overall, it's much more appealing to my taste than the lineups of the last couple years have been.

Really excited to be getting the chance to see the '86 Trick or Treat on the big screen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 pm 

First of I'm quite surprise that Fright Night is available as a DCP.

Now according to IMDB Night of 1000 Cats is around 63 minutes long. So it is possible to add one or two more movies. The Wolf Man is around 70 minutes long.

SF Marathon 2013 could be the only marathon that I was displease with. They corrected that what was wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:19 pm 

WAIT!!!

WHERE'S the SOUL-ROBBING TOO HORRIBLE TO SHOW ANYWHERE ELSE title?

Of course, there is still "hope" for such a title in the movie or two to be announced....

Oh, and, CABIN IN THE WOODS still sucks: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1340#p11804

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 am 

Holy Mother of God. Now that's the kind of lineup I've been hoping for. Hell. Yes.

That's what I want for Halloween. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:28 am 

L.A. Connection wrote:
WAIT!!!

WHERE'S the SOUL-ROBBING TOO HORRIBLE TO SHOW ANYWHERE ELSE title?

Heh - yea, it just won't be the same without some polarizing movie to argue about endlessly! Maybe this year we'll all walk out of the Drexel Sunday afternoon, full of the warm fuzzies, loving our fellow man!? :)

But seriously, awesome line-up, can't wait!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:38 am 
Site Admin

I'm pretty excited about the lineup this year. :D