The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 am 

Um I was Born in the USA and have the birth certificate to prove it. Now that's being said that I passed all of my english classes through college with the lowest grade to be a B minus. Since I didn't go to some forsaken inner city school district all of my english school teachers went to private schools and they said most of the grammer taught in public schools are wrong.

If you need to result to the personal attacks then you are loosing the argument.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 am 

This thread is like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 pm 

willcail wrote:
Um I was Born in the USA and have the birth certificate to prove it. Now that's being said that I passed all of my english classes through college with the lowest grade to be a B minus. Since I didn't go to some forsaken inner city school district all of my english school teachers went to private schools and they said most of the grammer taught in public schools are wrong.

If you need to result to the personal attacks then you are loosing the argument.

Well those private schools served you well when can't decipher the difference between loosing and losing.

Back to topic, this line up looks fun and I agree several I've seen and would like to re-evaluate and others I've not seen yet. Really looking forward to the event.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:50 pm 

Worldfinest reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I never said I went to any private school. My teachers did. You need to work on your reading comprehension before you can criticize anyone on their English skills.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:14 pm 

Kelsey Grammer was your teacher? Wow, that's impressive.

Seriously though, might want to check the spelling on the word "grammar". Just saying.

My teachers went to college.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:24 pm 

willcail wrote:

Once again you completely misunderstand the intention... it was an honest question, not a personal attack. I didn't call you stupid.

And, it wasn't part of any argument... it was a side note, meant to be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt. And, had you answered no, English is not your first language, I would have been happy with that, and accepted that I would just have to work a little harder to understand your posts. I asked the question because there are several forums I belong to, where posts like yours would have gotten you kicked off a long time ago, UNLESS you were a non-native English speaker.

But, ok, since English IS your first language, you should be held to the same standards as anyone else. Meaning, we shouldn't need an interpreter for every sentence you type. For example, I believe what you meant above was "RESORT to..." - since "result to..." makes no sense. But then, since you are an intelligent, well-educated guy, you must have known that, eh? Do you deliberately try to obfuscate your meaning? Do you want people to have to put forth extra effort to understand you? Maybe there is a logic behind your apparent lack of communication skills - if so, I'm honestly curious what it is!

If NOT, however - then take this as it's intended, not as a personal attack, but constructive criticism... you might want to do some serious self-examination. Your posts are, with great consistency, full of misspellings and incorrect grammar, making them difficult to read and interpret your meaning. And, on top of that, they are also often filled with invective, aggression, and provocation. If it is NOT your intent to be a troll on these boards, you are failing. I offer my criticism in the honest hope that you are here, like most of us, simply because you love the marathons, want to see them continue to thrive and grow, and would want to contribute to that effort, NOT drive people away from the forums.

On the other hand, if you are TRYING to be a troll... well done, sir. You have succeeded admirably.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:27 pm 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
This thread is like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

Heh that reminds me of...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:32 pm 

Back on topic (sorry for that diversion):

This is such a good line-up, I'm not sure when I can take a break for dinner... what film will I want to miss? None, really - there is no obvious choice, for me. I guess it depends on the order of the screenings.

I'm looking forward to finding out if there will be a premier!

Oh, and on Cabin in the Woods... I never saw it in the theatre, only on Netflix, so I'm looking forward to seeing it with the marathon crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm 

Joe, I kind of wish you hadn't told me that you tried and failed to secure the Nic Cage Wicker Man. Up until now I pretty much thought that this lineup was perfect, but now it's more like a 98%.

In all seriousness, you made some fantastic choices. It's a good sign that I am now struggling to figure out which movie I want to sleep part of the way through, like I always unfortunately end up doing. (Last year it was Videodrome. Luckily I had already seen it, but still, /sad face). I truly can't wait to see these films.

On the issue of food, in a perfect world we could get the Drexel to allow some entrepreneuring chef to operate a high-quality pop-up restaurant in the Radio Cafe space. Lots of places seem to be doing that sort of thing. I'm sure I am tilting at windmills here, but wouldn't that be amazing?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am 

Oh I almost forgot, for anyone who's interested, I made a YouTube playlist of the trailers for all the movies currently announced for the film lineup: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... hDepK2eDTx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 am 

Dude - awesome, thanks for doing that! I'll have to put that up on the widescreen in my store. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:13 pm 

No problem. Ever since watching those trailers, I've been annoying my girlfriend, roommate and cat by constantly saying "SUSPIIIIIIRIAAAA" in a loud whisper. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 pm 

I've just finished watching the "extended trailer" for Night of 1000 Cats. Youtube also have the extended trailer for Trick or Treat. In other words that both movies are posted on Youtube.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:09 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
We actually tried to book the WICKER MAN restoration, but were told that they weren't currently booking it for events of this kind. But we might be able to snag it for next year.

You mean the real Wicker Man? Like with Nic Cage in a bear suit beating up women?

L.A. Connection wrote:
WAIT!!!

WHERE'S the SOUL-ROBBING TOO HORRIBLE TO SHOW ANYWHERE ELSE title?

I'll be filming myself and a woman having physical relations with a bicycle in the lobby if anyone wants to come watch. It's called the "Bi-Bike"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 pm 

BeeDub

Add a Donkey to the mix and then I can call it soul crushing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next