The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 pm 

Here are some more

Blu Ray
Curse of Chucky Unrated Note it does takes place sometime after Seed of Chucky.
Halloween III
Gamera Trilogy

DVD
Night of the Creeps
Monster Squad
Meet the Feebles
Something Wicked This Way Comes

Netflix Streaming
Werewolf Beast Among Us
Howling III The Marsupials
Battledogs
Night of the Wolf
Creep Van
YellowBrickRoad

Note I email Netflix about the audio issue of Maniac 2013. The two channel stereo was only playing in the left side of my Bose headphones. I went to another movie and audio playback was fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 am 

Finally watched The Innkeepers via Netflix. I liked the young actress who played the lead and chuckled at the male hotel clerk's comment about barista Lena Dunham being "annoying." Overall, though, I thought it was something of a disappointment - not without its merits, but it could've easily been condensed into a one hour anthology series episode.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:11 pm 

I watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Ju-On, enjoyed them both.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:00 am 

srowley75 wrote:
Enjoyed La Residencia (aka The House that Screamed, 1969) this afternoon, starring Lilli Palmer and featuring John Moulder Brown (Deep End) and Maribel Martin (The Blood Spattered Bride) in supporting roles.
Not so much a horror film as a thriller, though this one's often classified as a horror movie. It's actually fairly unpredictable, and the final shock is still pretty effective.
Last time I checked, this one was available on YouTube.

That movie really creeped me out when I was 12 or whatever, seeing it on late-night TV. I wonder, though, if I've ever seen the original cut, or only the 76-minute TV cut. Which version showed at the Delaware mini-horror 'thon - Infra-kid?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 am 

Watched Nightmares in Red, White and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film...pretty good documentary detailing the start to where we currently stand. It seems like we've gone full circle to a certain extent but the the industry is still evolving. Definitely worth a watch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 am 

Blood for Dracula -- didn't like it as much as Flesh for Frankenstein, but still some good, loopy, trashy fun. What the hell kind of accent was Joe Dallesandro doing in that? Whatever it was, I love it.

Tomb of Ligeia.
The Howling.

'Thon training going well. Hope to get a few more sessions in before the big event.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 am 

Yesterday, I had a work from home day due to a leaky toilet...so I took full advantage of some "Thon fair, including"

Creep Show 2 - not a as good as the first but still solid
The Mummy (1932) - I seem to gravitate to the old monster movies and this was wasn't too shabby

I agree, training is going well...Plan on having a "two a day" on Friday starting at 9 am.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 pm 

A 35mm print of the Japanese HOUSE (Hausu) is playing in town and glad I got a chance to catch up with it. Yes, the reviews here are right on - Wow! What a freakshow. Incredibly and indescribably bizarre. Loved it. From reading the 2010 recap here, seems like it had the misfortune of playing too late in the proceedings for many to get the full joy out it, though: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=953

Last edited by L.A. Connection on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 pm 

L.A. Connection wrote:
A 35mm print of the Japanese HOUSE (Hausu) is playing in town and glad I got a chance to catch up with it. Yes, the reviews here are right on - Wow! What a freakshow. Incredibly and indescribably bizarre. Loved it. From reading the 2010 recap here, seems like it had the misfortune of playing too late in the proceedings for many to get the full joy out it, though: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=953

I loved it. My favorite movie in the marathon that year and one of my all-time favorite marathon entries overall.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm 

After I watched Husu at the 2nd Shock Around the Clock it was the first Blu Ray movie that I purchased. I'm planning to watch it before I go to sleep on Friday.

Now in the pass two days I watched the following

Netflix Streaming

Random Horror Sequels

Tuesday
Howiling IV
Hellraiser III
Children of the Corn III

DVD
Children of the Corn II

Wednesday

More random sequels

Netflix Streaming

Children of the Corn IV
Howiling V

Blu Ray

Star Wars Episode I

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:03 am 

willcail wrote:
Star Wars Episode I

That's not horror.

Oh, wait... I take it back... it IS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 am 

Watched Army of Darkness last night to complete the Evil Dead trilogy. I forgot, but I must have watched it in high school or something, because parts of it were definitely familiar.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:21 am 

What Evil Dead Trilogy;-) Since Bruce Campbell confims that there will be Army of Darkness 2 AKA Evil Dead IV.

Today viewing

More Random Horror Sequels

Netflix Streaming

Hellraiser IV

Redbox Streaming

Ghoulies IV

Creepy Children

Netflix Streaming

Bloody Birthday
Come Out to Play

DVD

The Children Troma release

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 am 

not worldsfinest wrote:
L.A. Connection wrote:

I loved it. My favorite movie in the marathon that year and one of my all-time favorite marathon entries overall.

That was definitely my WTF jut happened movie that year...but I did enjoy it a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:37 pm 

willcail wrote:
What Evil Dead Trilogy;-) Since Bruce Campbell confims that there will be Army of Darkness 2 AKA Evil Dead IV.

Yeah, I read that; I'll definitely see it. Although I feel like the track record is pretty bad for series that go back to the well with the same characters after too much time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next