The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:04 pm 

Flesh for Frankenstien is available on Netflix streaming as of 10.05.2013. Note Flesh for Frankenstien on Netflix have a runtime of 83 minutes and not the full 95 minutes. You been warned.

For some reason Blood for Dracula that is now streaming on Netflix is the uncut version.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:11 pm 

Classic Frankenstein, let the right one in, eyes of Laura Mars...the hills have eyes (remake). .the thing ( Kurt Russell)...Joe, any suggestions for someone who hasn't seen a lot of the classics( like suspiria...)?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:24 am 

Just DVR'ed Billy the Kid vs Dracula and Jesse James vs Franeknstein via TCM Underground series.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:49 pm 

As of last week you can add Dressed To Kill to the list of former marathon movies now streaming.

I rewatched Dead Silence ( I know...I know..) on HBOGO basically because I could, and as mentioned earlier here, HBOGO's horror selection is seriously lacking.

Netflix streaming:
Forbidden World
I Saw The Devil
(re-watching) Kill List
The Woman
Absentia
Bay Of Blood
Aftershock
The Evictors
Don't Go In The Woods (remake)

Inspired by debate on this very forum, I currently have Blowout at home from Netflix. Inspired by Cinefamily's United States Of Horror October lineup, I also currently have The Manitou out. Other USoH titles on their way (in some cases, limited Netflix stock permitting) are The Being, Brotherhood Of Satan, The Deadly Spawn, and Last House In Dead End Street. ...and Shakma is streaming so why not.

At some point in every October I watch Day Of The Dead, Night Of The Demons and at least a few from Halloween 1-4.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:51 pm 

...and Session 9. I love Session 9.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm 

I added Hollywood Boulevard not a horror movie per say. But it does have a killer and a body count.

Brain Dead starring Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton. A Horror-Sci Fi film thats streaming on Netflix right now.

Revenge in the House of Usher. A 1980's euro trash horror directed by Jesus Franco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:59 pm 

Today I stopped by a local used DVD store, to drop off some flyers for the marathon, and, while I'm there, I figure, what the heck? I'll see if they have Poltergeist... turns out, they did!

So, I think I'm gonna pop it in and watch it! Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:34 am 

scottcoz wrote:
Today I stopped by a local used DVD store

Ah, heaven. Our local used DVD store has a $1.99 wall that I drop in and check every week. I managed to snag copies of the first two Saw movies and District 9, as well as quite a few Oscar winners I'd been meaning to see for some time. And I remember when you could barely find a store in the area that would RENT you copies of movies, much less sell them to you, for $1.99.

This weekend, I checked out a wonderful little ghostly comedy, Topper Takes a Trip (1938) (or I guess that would be the sequel to a ghostly comedy, Topper). Lots of fun, with some pretty impressive special effects for the time.

It made me wonder - and bear in mind that I am a comparative newbie to the marathons - but would the powers-that-be ever consider scheduling a few comic shorts and cartoons (e.g., Looney Tunes monster cartoons, or Laurel & Hardy, Harold Lloyd, The Three Stooges, etc) along with the trailers and such? I remember seeing Duck Dodgers at the Sci-Fi marathon, and that was a nice (unexpected) treat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:05 pm 

DVD's? Are they still being sold and manufacture? ;)

Just purchase Psycho II and pre order the Chucky Collection. Blu Ray of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:25 pm 

I'm storming through the Bates Motel show. And watching some classics with my son. Jeff Goldblum's The Fly was the grossest thing he's ever seen. Tremors 1-3. Jaws. Aliens. Signs (by far his favorite) plus we got out to his first haunted house.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:55 pm 

I can not make the 'thon. I will have to make due with the Los Angeles screenings throughout town here. There are many, so I end up mostly watching stuff in the theater and not a lot on video at home.

So far I have made:

White of The Eye
Tremors
Just Before Dawn
The Being
All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

Coming weeks:

Abby
Death Bed
Martin
House By The Cemetery
Dark August
Last House on Dead End Street
Basket Case
The Alien Factor
Squirm
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Eaten ALive
THe Brotherhood of Satan
The Pit and the Pedulum
The People Under the Stairs
Grand Piano
Witchfinder General
The Haunter
Almost Human

And probably the highlight for me is two performances of Goblin live! One in San Francisco and the other in Los Angeles. Then there is an all night 'Thon that plays:

Amityville 2, Kingdom of the Spiders, The Fly, Hell High, The Car, The Sentinel.

So I will miss the best marathon on the planet earth, but be treated to many other goodies. Some year I will make it back again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:57 am 

carter9000 wrote:
And probably the highlight for me is two performances of Goblin live! One in San Francisco and the other in Los Angeles.

Jealous!! I've always wanted to see Goblin live - but I doubt they'll ever come to Ohio. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:22 am 

The Haunting (1963) and Dead of Night are up next thanks to the fine folks at Turner Classic Movies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 pm 

Kiss of the Damned An 1960's style vampire film directed by Xan Cassavetes. She directed the Z Channel doc.

The Vampire.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 am 

Watched The Frighteners and Carrie (original) last night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next