Cabin In The Woods
Thirst
Fright Night
Phantasm
Trick Or Treat
Lords Of Salem
Q The Winged Serpent
Candyman

-I like the idea of putting Night Of 1000 Cats on early, so people can snark while they're still fresh and awake.
-I think Exorcist, Suspiria, and CITW are movies that are bringing people in, so I don't think they'l be saved for the second half of the marathon.
-If Lords Of Salem is being veiwed as a new-ish movie that a lot of people haven't seen, then it will probably play earlier than I have it listed.

On the other hand, that Fright Night/Phantasm/Trick Or Treat trio there in the overnight hours might not be a great idea. Perhaps Fright Night should even lead the whole thing off:

Fright Night
Wolf Man
Exorcist
CITW
Suspiria
Lords Of Salem
Thirst
Phantasm
Q The Winged Serpent
Candyman
Night Of 1000 Cats
Trick Or Treat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:40 pm 

I'd only say that it seems like there are a lot of "big draws" this year, so trying to pick only one or two "main event" titles is quite difficult. This time around, even the premiere seems exciting to me. In past marathons, there were others I've been prepared to endure, but not necessarily enjoy.

I'd prefer to lead off with Fright Night or Cabin in the Woods - something a bit lighter (I've never seem the latter film but I'm told there is some humor) - book one at the beginning and the other near the midway point. I agree that I'd like to see Night of 1000 Cats play early so the riffers can get it out of their systems (I have a feeling Trick or Treat is also going to get its share of riffing, because of the subject matter and the cast). I'm hoping that The Exorcist and Suspiria play in the evening (after 6 at least) but not late at night. Thirst and Lords of Salem both seem like "midnight movies" to me, so I'd book those later in the evening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:16 pm 

It wouldn't surprise me that a 35mm film will lead off the Marathon. Its easier to put trailers infront of a 35mm film. People are still getting snacks or arriving and don't want to miss the first film.

Due to Thirst various runtimes I could see it booked early in the marathon. There is no word if Thirst is the director's cut. Thirst suppose to be subtitled. Scheduling a subtitled movie with a runtime of over two hours late in the Marathon sometimes doesn't go over well. I highly doubt it but at the last minute that a Blu Ray copy of Thirst shows up instead of the 35mm print then you are looking at a runtime of one hundred and forty eight minute cut of the film. Sometimes films with subtitles are a hit or a miss at the Marathons.

My guess is to do one film on 35mm and then one film as a DCP. Since other houses will be using the same system. To cut down on the loading times. See Inception at this year's SF Marathon.

After I watched the one hour and thirty eight minute "trailer" of Trick or Treat on Youtube I can see that there are many riffable scenes.

I could see Fright Night or Trick or Treat scheduled around midnight due to both movies having a midnight movie feel to them as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 pm 

This is the order the films will play in:

THE WOLF MAN
FRIGHT NIGHT
NIGHT OF 1000 CATS
SUSPIRIA
THE EXORCIST
THIRST
THE CABIN IN THE WOODS
Q:THE WINGED SERPENT
TRICK OR TREAT
CANDYMAN
LORDS OF SALEM
PHANTASM

You're welcome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 am 

Thank you! :)

In other news - I'll miss you this year... just saw Keith yesterday... he's not going to make it, either, so I guess I'll miss both you guys. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 am 

Awwwww, that's sweet, Scott...
:cry:

There are many factors that are contributing to my absence, but lack of desire to go is definitely not one of them.
I already chewed out Joe for putting together such a great lineup which includes no less than four of my favorite horror films of all time.
Anyways, enjoy yourselves and rest assured I have not attended my last Marathon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
This is the order the films will play in:

THE WOLF MAN
FRIGHT NIGHT
NIGHT OF 1000 CATS
SUSPIRIA
THE EXORCIST
THIRST
THE CABIN IN THE WOODS
Q:THE WINGED SERPENT
TRICK OR TREAT
CANDYMAN
LORDS OF SALEM
PHANTASM

You're welcome

I always love this game. I haven't had the chance to sit down an mull out my own schedule, but this one feels awful close to how I would do it. Maybe swap Q and Salem, but otherwise, I believe the kids would say +1.