The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

...because Richard Jenkins makes 5am just THAT much better.

Here it is: the long-anticipated, long-drooled over, hotly betted on in Las Vegas OFFICIAL SCHEDULE FOR SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK: THE 5TH ANNUAL OHIO 24-HOUR HORROR MARATHON!!!

(phew)

As always, all times are approximate.

NOON- FRIGHT NIGHT

2:15-THE WOLF MAN

4:00-THE LORDS OF SALEM

5:45- The 5th Annual Costume Contest

6:00-THE EXORCIST

8:30-NIGHT OF 1000 CATS

10:30-SUSPIRIA

12:15-The 5th Annual Scream Contest

12:30-THIRST

2:55-PHANTASM

4:45-THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

6:30-TRICK OR TREAT

8:20-Q: THE WINGED SERPENT

10:10-CANDYMAN

NOON-Presentation of SHOCK certificates (honest...we'll have them this year...)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 pm 

Heck yes, can't wait! The posting of the schedule is my cue to go into full-on obsessive super anticipation mode.

I'm not intimately familiar with a lot of these movies, but it looks pretty good to me. I'm kinda surprised to see Cabin in the Woods so late, as it seems like it would be a fun high-energy movie to watch with a crowd, but then I guess there are a lot of crowd pleasers this year, plus a lot of people (myself included) might have seen it already, so I guess it makes sense where it is.

But regardless, it's gonna be a GHOULISHLY good time. Or...one HELL of a good time. Or...a real SCREAM! Or one of several hundred other Halloween-themed puns. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 pm 

I approve.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 pm 

Fright Night a great way to kick off the marathon a great eighties horror flick to kick things off.

The Wolf Man good choice to put in after Fright Night. Due to the runtime hopefully the marathon will stay on time. (OK by the second movie well be well behind by forty five minutes ;-) )

I'm glad that Lords of Salem gets an early eveing slot. This movie I've seen yet.

Now since the first three films are DCP formatted I'm guess that there will be trailers in between each film so the DCP's have a chance to load. Now remember there are two other houses that are using the same system. Will there be a proper trailer reel before each DCP formatted films?

Costume Contest Be brutal. Very brutal.

The Excorcist A great way to kick off the eveing.

Now the schedule for the rest of the films for the marathon are 35mm prints. With the exception of Cabin in the Woods. Was this on purpose?

Night of the 1000 Cats. I wish this was schedule after Suspira. Can't wait to here the caterwauling via the Drexel digital sound system.

Suspira Can't wait to see this classic

Scream Contest Be Brutal

Thirst Scheduling a subtitle horror film with slow pacing in the middile of the night is going to be a challenge. An movie that is well over two hours long.

After Thirst, the marathon in my opinion be behind by a good hour and a half ;-)

Phantsam A good film to get people thier second wind after Thirst

Cabin in the Woods. The one thing I learn when watching Cabin in the Woods that Unicorns are a**holes.

Trick or Treat. Sunday morning camp to wake us up.

Q The Winged Serpent Cancel due to time ;-)

Candyman A great way to finish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

While you're all debating the lineup, you can also check out this Columbus Underground write-up on the Marathon by longtime friend of the event Hope Madden, in which she retells the semi-mythical story of how a young punk kid and a middle-aged festival programmer became the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid of the Columbus film world. (Sniff, sniff....)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/shock-and-horror-overtake-drexel-this-weekend-hm1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 pm 

Hey there is nothing questionable about Night of 1000 Cat. Nor there is nothing questionable about Trick or Treat Columbus Underground.