The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:39 am 

Thanks! Glad you like them.

We'll see if Joe gets sick of me after this run leading up to the 666th horror marathon. I'm always game to do more. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:40 pm 

Good podcast. We watched Haunter a month or two ago. Despite the fact that it was pretty much a kids horror movie, we liked it. It was well made, and was a nice little take on a horror story.

As for the campfire short that played a few years ago, I loved The Legend Of Beaver Dam. A fun story, not too long, and certainly entertaining. It would definitely be worth bringing back in the future. Maybe not every 12 months, but perhaps every 24 or 36.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2014/07/marathon-chat-4/

The latest version of the Marathon Chat podcast is up, featuring lots of talk about this upcoming weekend's ROCKPOCALYPSE all-nighter, the Horror Marathon, and.....NO HOLDS BARRED?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:47 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2014/07/marathon-chat-4/

The latest version of the Marathon Chat podcast is up, featuring lots of talk about this upcoming weekend's ROCKPOCALYPSE all-nighter, the Horror Marathon, and.....NO HOLDS BARRED?

Ok I now regret calling Joe a Jock Ass on Twitter, I apologize to everyone for Kevin and Joe's 20 Minute Wrestling Rant.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:08 pm 

I checked out Exhumed Films in Philly's website. They just had the "Long Lost Film Festival" last week. This film was listed in their lineup & it sounds like what Joe was teasing about.

Curiosity got the better of me & I have to wonder, is this the 1968 long-lost film you were referring to Joe?

THE SATANIST

1968 / 35mm / Dir. Zoltan G. Spencer / 64 min.

Our final feature is another truly lost film—not on video or DVD, the horror/sexploitation flick THE SATANIST has not been seen by an audience for nearly fifty years. Recovering from a mental breakdown, a writer and his young wife move into a new home and are soon met by a female occultist and a sultry succubus intent on welcoming the newcomers to the neighborhood by making them the guests of honor at a black mass and ushering them into a world of orgiastic sex and Satanism! If Russ Meyer and Anton LaVey were to have ever collaborated on a film, it probably would have looked a lot like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:35 pm 

Farva wrote:
I checked out Exhumed Films in Philly's website. They just had the "Long Lost Film Festival" last week. This film was listed in their lineup & it sounds like what Joe was teasing about.

I bought tickets to the 3rd annual Sci-Fi Marathon AT the 1st Annual Horror Marathon, there were no films announced but it made no difference because I was hooked and was not about to miss the event.

Also I think a VHS Event would be great, everyone brings a store bought VHS (No Bootlegs) and they get thrown into a giant bag and at random Joe and Bruce pull out movies and we watch what gets pulled (I would suggest Horror/SciFi/TnA Films Only)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:26 pm 

Ugh VHS,

If I want to watch low resolution movies I'll goto Youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 pm 

willcail wrote:
Ugh VHS,

If I want to watch low resolution movies I'll goto Youtube.

Cool, Stay Home

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 pm 

Ghost wrote:
Farva wrote:

I bought tickets to the 3rd annual Sci-Fi Marathon AT the 1st Annual Horror Marathon, there were no films announced but it made no difference because I was hooked and was not about to miss the event.

Also I think a VHS Event would be great, everyone brings a store bought VHS (No Bootlegs) and they get thrown into a giant bag and at random Joe and Bruce pull out movies and we watch what gets pulled (I would suggest Horror/SciFi/TnA Films Only)

Ha, that would be really fun. My wife has a TON of old Disney flicks we could rummage through!!

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, Willcail complains about everything, provides no real solutions/ideas except more complaints, and lives in a van down by the river...in summation, she's easy to ignore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 pm 

Funny,

I've been going to these marathons since the first Science Fiction Marathon at the Arena Grand. I've been going to the Horror Marathons since Nightmare at Studio 35 with guest Joe Bob Briggs. I've missed one due to a hardware install.
How many of you attend over the years? I was very disappointed with SF30 lineup. I pay my 35 and went anyway.

I scheduled my vacations around the Science Fiction and Horror Marathons. You keep on forgetting that we are PAYING CUSTOMERS. If these marathons were free then no complaints.

I didn't start building a video library until the DVD format was released. I do have a JVC DVHS deck with a few DVHS cassettes. With V/H/S and its sequel on VHS. I purchased the Blu Ray + DVD + VHS release of both movies. I also have House of the Devil DVD + VHS release. The DVHS helps with the resolution of the analog cassettes. Having some romantic nostalgia of a terrible video format is just sad. I'm pleased that Betacam the professional version of Betamax was used for television until the early 2000's. Betamax was better than VHS.

Calling me a she is an insult to transgender people. Plus I live in a downtown studio apartment off of Grant and E Main.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2014/09/marathon-chat-5/

It's here! The long-delayed next episode of Marathon Chat, with Joe Neff and FAT GUYS AT THE MOVIES's Kevin Carr! This time around, Joe and Kevin discuss the recently announced full lineup for the 666th Annual SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, Kevin's family Horror Marathon, and much more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:15 pm 

Glad to hear ROOM 237 will be showing at the marathon. And yes DEMONS is amazing and I hope this time it's not last.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:50 pm 

Room 237 is screening at the Horror Marathon?

Off all of the idiotic, conspiracy, BULL**** documentaries that have ever been made. It's like screening a anti vaccine documentary at the Science Fiction Marathon. Why would anyone in their right mind booked this POS film at the Horror Marathon?

Has Joe finally lost is mind?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Just to clarify:

My facetious podcast answer + Tim's sarcastic response + Will's aggrievement = unintentional comedy?

QED

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 pm 

Willcail seems to want to contend against longevity of attending things so I have been to EVERY marathon since 1987(what say ye?) and have been going to almost every convention including Fangoria,Chiller THeatre,Cinema Wasteland(been to every one of them ),HorrorHound(just came back early Saturday morning),Flashback Weekend,G-Fest(The Godzilla Convention),etc. since 1989. Attended many midnight showings at Columbus' original grindhouse,The Roxy and many of my formative years up all night at various drive-ins and watching Fritz The Nite Owl's Double Chiller Theatre. Where's his convention/marathon/70s/80s late night viewing "street cred" now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next