The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:40 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
Worldsfinest wrote:
Not sure if it was the official line up but the line up you listed on Facebook looked pretty damn good to me.

Seem to hit all the necessary spots with premieres, classics in good spots, longer drawn outs in the later hours, etc...

That's the one, completely official and approved. It should reflect the list at the head of this thread.

Dammit Joe! Now I can't start a flame war over the potential line up...FML (sigh)...

Spoiler: show
Please note, this was simply a joke and I approve of the line up as I started before...I'm not really mad at Joe and I still find him sexy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:50 pm 

This lineup is absolutely phenomenal, and kudos to everyone who put it together. I bought my tickets as soon as it was announced. I've wanted to see four of these titles on a big screen for ages. And while I'm one who usually isn't very excited about the premieres, this year I'm even eager to see the newer stuff.
Great job assembling a sensational list of movies. (And please feel free to follow through with that grindhouse marathon anytime!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:45 pm 

Worldsfinest wrote:
Seem to hit all the necessary spots with premieres, classics in good spots, longer drawn outs in the later hours, etc...

Just to clarify, if you're asking if the order posted reflected the schedule, as I understand it, it does not. It's just a list of the movies that will be played, not the order they'll be played in necessarily.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:02 am 

agentstinky wrote:
WolfNC17 wrote:
agentstinky wrote:
Psst...this forum has an ignore list you guys

How does one access said ignore list?

Open the profile of the person you want to ignore (click on the profile button on one of their posts) and click "Add Foe"

Thanks for the info! I never knew that, and I will definitely be using it...

And here's a positive review of Housebound (third review down):

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68600

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:28 am 

agentstinky wrote:
Worldsfinest wrote:

Just to clarify, if you're asking if the order posted reflected the schedule, as I understand it, it does not. It's just a list of the movies that will be played, not the order they'll be played in necessarily.

Ahhh, gotcha...That's what I was wondering, that I didn't clarify...nevertheless, the order mentioned in the FB thread is still pretty damn good, should that be the route they go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 pm 

I want to see THE SATANIST.

But, before people get too excited, here's a recent review from someone who just saw it in Philly when it played for the first time in decades:

http://templeofschlock.blogspot.com/201 ... otten.html

Some of the quotes:

"What I had hoped would be a forgotten horror movie turned out to be one long exercise in watching women with fake eyebrows undress."

"...the audience began fidgeting in their seats five minutes into the movie."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 am 

That's unfortunate. However, it should be an interesting experience anyway. If it's that bad, the audience will no doubt rise up and make fun of it Automatons-style. Still hoping for the best though...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:10 pm 

Too bad that getting actual premieres are a thing of the past. Housebound will be available on Video On Demand on October 17th. Anyone in the Columbus metro area can order it, watch it, and can skip it at the Horror Marathon.

Housebound does look good. Calling it a premiere is stretching it.

After watching the region 2 DVD of the critically panned Strange Color of Your Body Tears is basically a pretentious art house movie masquerading as a horror movie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:50 pm 

I think this could be one of the best years yet. A lot of movies I haven't seen will force me to stay awake to catch them all. Nice to see the entertaining forum arguments haven't ended.