The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:40 am 

I just received an email from The Little Art theater in Yellow Springs, OH. They are resurrecting their 12 hr Horror Movie Marathon this October 24th after a 2 year hiatus! They recently did a full renovation & the theater has been fully updated including seats & digital projection!

It is the weekend after the Shock Around the Clock! I will be there!

Hello, everyone...

Save the date! Our all-night horror movie marathon will return this year, and we wanted you to be the first to know. The event starts Friday, October 24 at 9:30 p.m. (Doors will open at 9 p.m.)

Titles will include A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (celebrating 30 years of Freddy!), a 30th anniversary screening of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, and Joe Dante's The Howling.

This will be the first marathon in our recently renovated theatre, with new seats, an expanded lobby, and pristine digital projection.

More event details and tickets will be available soon.

Hope to see you there!
~Zack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:08 am 

Farva wrote:
I just received an email from The Little Art theater in Yellow Springs, OH. They are resurrecting their 12 hr Horror Movie Marathon this October 24th after a 2 year hiatus! They recently did a full renovation & the theater has been fully updated including seats & digital projection!

Hello, everyone...

Save the date! Our all-night horror movie marathon will return this year, and we wanted you to be the first to know. The event starts Friday, October 24 at 9:30 p.m. (Doors will open at 9 p.m.)

Titles will include A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (celebrating 30 years of Freddy!), a 30th anniversary screening of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, and Joe Dante's The Howling.

This will be the first marathon in our recently renovated theatre, with new seats, an expanded lobby, and pristine digital projection.

Hope to see you there!
~Zack

Not a bad line up:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
The Howling.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:50 am 

Ghost wrote:
Farva wrote:

Hello, everyone...

Hope to see you there!
~Zack

Not a bad line up:

The Howling.

They usually do 6-7 films, those are just the first 3 announced so far.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:23 am 

This is great news. I'll have to check out of there is a Megabus that goes to Yellow Springs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm 

Probably doing it because Epic Con in Dayton is that weekend. Lots of big guests and events.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:59 pm 

Horrorama Dayton is also that same weekend. Yet another weekend full of choices and marathons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:08 am 

They had done a 12 hr horror marathon from 2007-2011 but due to funding issues, were unable to the last 2 years. I don't know if it is just because of the Dayton Con. Sounds like fun either way!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:31 pm 

Infra-Kid wrote:
Horrorama Dayton is also that same weekend. Yet another weekend full of choices and marathons.

Horrorama Dayton is showing Rawhead Rex this year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:48 pm 

Yeah,talked to the Little Art and everything will be digitally presented. The 35mm was taken out awhile back. Still with 2 marathons and a cool and big convention in the area of Dayton/Yellow Springs,it should make for a nice horror filled weekend over there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:18 am 

Infra-Kid wrote:
Yeah,talked to the Little Art and everything will be digitally presented. The 35mm was taken out awhile back. Still with 2 marathons and a cool and big convention in the area of Dayton/Yellow Springs,it should make for a nice horror filled weekend over there.

Yeah, when they did the full renovations over the last 2 years, they had to move up to digital to stay alive. Sadly, they were unable to also keep the 35mm.

I really want to see Rawhead Rex on the big screen at Dayton Horrorama, but Little Art's lineup so far are 3 of my favorite all times.

NOES 3: Dream Warriors
FT13: The Final Chapter
The Howling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:38 am 
Site Admin

The Little Art's a good theater and a good time. I might try to get down for this one.

Hopefully the expanded lobby will have a bit more by way of concessions. The place was really tiny before. It makes it a little difficult, because they roll up the sidewalks in Yellow Springs around 9:00 and it's an awful long way to Young's Dairy. :)

Should be a great time at any rate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm 

From The Little Art Theater's Facebook post:

Six of seven films confirmed (in no particular order): NOES 3, Friday IV, The Howling, Tremors, The Funhouse, and Maximum Overdrive. What will the last one be?!

AWESOME Lineup!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:32 pm 

Farva wrote:
From The Little Art Theater's Facebook post:

Six of seven films confirmed (in no particular order): NOES 3, Friday IV, The Howling, Tremors, The Funhouse, and Maximum Overdrive. What will the last one be?!
AWESOME Lineup!

WOW I have been requesting The Funhouse for our marathon for years. Tobe Hooper at his best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 pm 

Sleepaway Camp is the 7th film!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:31 pm 

Just got my ticket ordered! If you want to go, buy early, the theater is nowhere near as big as The Drexel.

Little Art Theatre

The best place to watch a movie, together.
Hello, everyone...

As previously announced, our all-night horror movie marathon is back from the dead. Doors will open at 9 p.m. Friday, October 24. The event will start at 9:30 p.m. that night and run until approximately 11 a.m. the next morning.

Tickets are on sale now online only for $25 via PayPal at littleart.com/horrorfest-tickets

Our final lineup of seven movies (in approximate order, but still subject to change) is:

Tremors
The Howling
The Funhouse
Sleepaway Camp
Maximum Overdrive

As always, we'll also have our costume contest, trailers, and (logistics allowing) pizza delivery. It's also worth nothing this will be the first marathon in our recently renovated theater, with new seats, an expanded lobby, and pristine digital projection.

We're sending you this link early to give you a head-start on buying tickets and sharing the info. with your friends. We'll be posting event details and ticket sales publicly on or around October 1, so be sure to get your tickets before then.

Tickets purchased online can be picked up at the Little Art box office on the night of the event beginning at 6:30 p.m.

littleart.com/horrorfest-tickets

Can't wait to see you all there!
~Zack