The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:13 pm 

Haven't quite finished it yet, but we are working our way through Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983), which showed at Shock Around the Clock in 2012. I wasn't at that thon, but I did see this movie in class in middle school, and I remember loving it. It's taking us a few nights to get through it; my fiancée has a much lower tolerance for horror movies close to bedtime than I do :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 am 

Watched SEE NO EVIL last Night. WWE's KANE makes a Great Killer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:39 pm 

Since last Thursday...

V/H/S
Friday the 13th part VII: The New Blood
Night of the Creeps
John Dies at the End
The Legend of Hell House

the goal is to watch one a night before by the time the 'thon rolls around. Of course, my tradition is to watch either Halloween or The Nightmare Before Christmas on 10/1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:53 pm 

Ghost wrote:
I watched a movie on netflix Saturday night called "13 Sins" and really liked it, it kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. How far would you be willing to go for money???

Just watched 13 Sins with my wife based on this post; definitely agree that it kept me on the edge of my seat the majority of the time throughout the movie. Enjoyed the pacing and the escalation of each challenge, however found the ending a little wanting. It was definitely worth the time to watch it though in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 am 

Haven't mapped out my full preparatory plan yet. I've been saving up episodes of The Strain to burn through, also plan to go back and watch season 2 of American Horror Story (I've seen 1 and 3). I enjoy the unabashed campiness of AHS and had been putting off season 2 until the season was right.

I have a backlog of blu-rays I've been wanting to re-watch including Rosemary's Baby, Cronos and House. I'll usually cruise Netflix and HuluPlus and just jump on whatever sounds right in the moment. I have a few DVR'd movies I've been sitting on until this time of year too - Dementia 13 and Byzantium.

I break out my HP Lovecraft collection and Poe and read their stories on the regular this time of year. I'm listening to Jason Zinoman's Shock Value (read it a few years ago and enjoyed) to also get in the right headspace.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:43 am 

Watched The Sacrament (2013). Last year I saw another of Ti West's films, The Innkeepers, and didn't like it, but I felt the "slow burn" style worked better with the faux-documentary in The Sacrament, and unlike The Innkeepers I felt the ending actually paid off this time and was genuinely horrifying to me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:18 am 

agentstinky wrote:
Watched The Sacrament (2013). Last year I saw another of Ti West's films, The Innkeepers, and didn't like it, but I felt the "slow burn" style worked better with the faux-documentary in The Sacrament, and unlike The Innkeepers I felt the ending actually paid off this time and was genuinely horrifying to me.

If you watched The Sacrament you'll really like Jonestown: Paradise Lost.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:05 pm 

Watched Ravenous (1999). Also finally getting around to working through Twin Peaks (the show, will watch Fire Walk With Me once I finish). I skipped the Twin Peaks discussion on the most recent podcast for fear of spoilers, haha. Plus I've been playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for 3DS, which is pretty creepy, albeit in a family-friendly sort of way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:27 pm 

Saw Annabelle but wasn't impressed, The Conjuring was WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYY Better.