The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 am 

longlivethenewflesh wrote:
And the mercy seat is waiting
And I think my head is burning
And in a way I'm yearning
To be done with all this measuring of truth.
An eye for an eye
A tooth for a tooth
And anyway I told the truth
And I'm not afraid to die.

I just go for the Nick Cave music.

Well, now that's stuck in my head about a month ahead of schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:13 pm 

Undeadhepcat wrote:
If watching a video at home is like listening to an album, and seeing a movie in a theater is like going to a concert -- then the marathon is Woodstock. How could I not come back every year?

Dude, beautifully put! And I would have to absolutely 100% agree.

I can't remember how I stumbled upon the marathon, but I posted on a horror message board I frequent to see if anyone there was going and that is how I became friends with long-time marathoner Thomas (Owen to me). Through him I met Ben (or undeadhepcat) and Ben's buddy Mark. It used to be the 2 of them meeting up and now we got a nice little group forming who share in a love of horror / genre film. This year I am bringing my brother along who I can guarantee will be hooked.

Sharing 24 hours of film viewing with people who love the genre as much as you do is totally exhilarating. Seems like the busier I get in my work/home life the less time I have for watching movies, but I always have the annual marathon. It's addicting! As soon as it's over, I am counting down to the next one.

I get to relive favorites in a theater atmosphere (often for the first time) and discover classics, long lost gems, and other obscurities all in one 24 hour span.

It's the greatest fucking thing ever! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:11 pm 

meli4649 wrote:
Undeadhepcat wrote:
If watching a video at home is like listening to an album, and seeing a movie in a theater is like going to a concert -- then the marathon is Woodstock. How could I not come back every year?

Dude, beautifully put! And I would have to absolutely 100% agree.

I can't remember how I stumbled upon the marathon, but I posted on a horror message board I frequent to see if anyone there was going and that is how I became friends with long-time marathoner Thomas (Owen to me). Through him I met Ben (or undeadhepcat) and Ben's buddy Mark. It used to be the 2 of them meeting up and now we got a nice little group forming who share in a love of horror / genre film. This year I am bringing my brother along who I can guarantee will be hooked.

Sharing 24 hours of film viewing with people who love the genre as much as you do is totally exhilarating. Seems like the busier I get in my work/home life the less time I have for watching movies, but I always have the annual marathon. It's addicting! As soon as it's over, I am counting down to the next one.

I get to relive favorites in a theater atmosphere (often for the first time) and discover classics, long lost gems, and other obscurities all in one 24 hour span.

It's the greatest fucking thing ever! :D

Couldn't agree more!