The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3 Worst remakes ever
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 am 

As we all know most remakes don't live up to the original and there are only a few expections where the remake is actaully better than the original like "John Carpenter's THE THING"

In your opinion what are the 3 Worst remakes ever?? Since we already established "John Carpenter's THE THING" is the best remake ever please don't include that in your post.

AND GO>>>>>

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 3 Worst remakes ever
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 am 

THE FOG - Turning a creepy and stylish ghost story into a lame teenager love story was the stupidist idea any studio has ever had!!

PROM NIGHT - The only part of the remake that had anything to do with the original movie was both took place on Prom Night. They missed the mark on this one by about a billion miles.

HALLOWEEN - Rob Zombie knows white trash and thats what he writes, but the origianal HALLOWEEN worked because it was a normal family, in a normal small town and everyone was shocked something like this could ever happen. But no one would be surprised to see Rob Zombie's little Micheal Myers killed his sister and a few others. The Myers house was a breeding ground for a serial killer. HUGE MISS ROB!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:33 am 

1. Friday the 13th
2. House of Wax
3. The Hitcher

I really like Sean Bean and Sophia Bush (hubba, hubba) but this was really ridiculous. on a side note, I really enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:09 pm 

I'm sure if I pondered this one a little more, I'd come up with something different. But on first blanch, I'll go with:

1. Halloween - Because... see above.
2. House of Wax 2005 - Because it took a beautiful classic and reduced it to a derivative slasher movie. (Though I will also go on record to say that the 50s House of Wax is right up there with The Thing as one of the best remakes ever.)
3. Miracle on 34th Street - Because the title of the post doesn't explicitly say *horror* remakes, and this was terrible. Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:58 pm 

kevincarr wrote:
I'm sure if I pondered this one a little more, I'd come up with something different. But on first blanch, I'll go with:

2. House of Wax 2005 - Because it took a beautiful classic and reduced it to a derivative slasher movie. (Though I will also go on record to say that the 50s House of Wax is right up there with The Thing as one of the best remakes ever.)
3. Miracle on 34th Street - Because the title of the post doesn't explicitly say *horror* remakes, and this was terrible. Merry Christmas!

Nicely played...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:01 pm 

A Nightmare on Elm St.

Day of the Dead

Fright Night

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:39 pm 

kevincarr wrote:

You are correct, this is open to all Remakes not just Horror or Sci-fi. Which Miracle on 34th Street are you referring to, the 70's version or the 80's version?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:32 pm 

1. Roland Emerich's Godzilla. Because no.

2. The Day The Earth Stood Still. A beautiful, poignant classic, remade as cheap action with... who is that? replacing Michael Reine.

3. Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes. Not only is it terrible, but it would only be a decade or so before Rise of the Planet of the Apes would prove that it is entirely possible to reimagine the classic story in a way that is both a great visual spectacle, full of excitement, but still tells a beautiful story and has some great performances.