The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:47 am 

This is a great story. This dumbass substitute teacher showed the movie in 5 different Spanish classes because parts of it are in Spanish. I haven't actually seen this movie, but I know enough about it that I wouldn't show it to kids. And she showed it 5 times!! Maybe we can get it or its sequel for the Horror Marathon this year as a tribute to this really stupid teacher.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... video.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:01 pm 

It's a pretty entertaining flick...it's a nice mix of good, bizarre and WTF?!?

i believe 3-4 of the directors from last October's Thon are featured.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm 

I believe she got convicted on 4 of 5 counts, on the ground that she might not have known the first time she shower it, but should have known the subsequent 4 times.

... :|

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:03 pm 

WolfNC17 wrote:
Maybe we can get it or its sequel for the Horror Marathon this year as a tribute to this really stupid teacher.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... video.html

Ooh, I like that idea :) AND, perhaps get Jon Schnepp as a special guest, to introduce it and do Q&A afterward? He directed the "W is for WTF?" segment, and is an animator/director that's worked on stuff like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, The Venture Brothers, and Metalpocalypse, as well as directed the documentary, "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?" about the Tim Burton, Nicolas Cage aborted Superman movie:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0774143/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:15 am 

I just watched the movie on Netflix over the weekend, and I agree with Worldsfinest's assessment. I was expecting it to be really depressing for some reason (the whole "Death thing") but it's anything but. It's like a sampler platter of who's hot in horror around the world, and generally a lot of bizarre fun.

Showing it to kids in a classroom, however... not a smart thing to do. Certain segments are definitely for adults only. It would be a ton of fun at a marathon, however, and would fulfill our foreign-language requirement as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:40 am 

Update: the substitute teacher has received 90 days in jail. For showing a movie. Dumb as that was, it seems a pretty harsh sentence. To all teachers out there: don't do what she did.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:44 pm 

My sophomore year in high school, some classmates convinced a sub to let us watch Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back...

It was an interesting class.