The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:34 pm 

THE KEEP (1983)
Nazis are forced to turn to a Jewish historian for help in battling the ancient demon they have inadvertently freed from its prison.

Shock Value The Movie (2014)
A brand-new compilation of restored/preserved USC short films that sowed the seeds for the horror genre’s redefinition in the Seventies! Using New York Times scribe Jason Zinoman’s book “Shock Value” as the inspiration, USC’s School of Cinematic Arts archivist Dino Everett has lovingly assembled a feature-length compilation of recently uncovered and previously unseen late ‘60s/early ‘70s SCA student works. This embryonic bank of thrills proves how Dan O’Bannon (co-creator of Alien, Dark Star and Return of the Living Dead) and classmates like John Carpenter, Terry Winkless (co-writer, The Howling), Alec Lorimore (pioneering IMAX filmmaker) and more helped invent modern horror while on the USC campus. The program includes O’Bannon and Carpenter’s very first pairing in 1968 on Good Morning Dan — and the crown jewel Foster’s Release. Made in 1971, this short by Winkless and Lorimore, and starring O’Bannon, is the blueprint for films such as Halloween, Black Christmas, He Knows You’re Alone and countless others (as well, O’Bannon’s portrayal of the killer resembles all that would follow, such as Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:08 am 

When in the world were these announced???

Was it maybe when I was gone for a bathroom break? Joe and Bruce need to have a little recap later on in the evening for the folks who may have missed any earlier announcements.

(Not that I'm complaining about early announcements, mind you. Thanks for the early news.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:40 am 

I'm particularly excited for Shock Value... that movie sounds awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm 

cleazer wrote:
When in the world were these announced???

Was it maybe when I was gone for a bathroom break? Joe and Bruce need to have a little recap later on in the evening for the folks who may have missed any earlier announcements.

(Not that I'm complaining about early announcements, mind you. Thanks for the early news.)

It was at 9:23pm according to the time code on my Tweet. Joe also said they were hoping to announce more titles but the line-up is hinging on a Special Guest they are trying to get.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:57 am 

Do we have any news on the dates? I would assume they are shooting for the 17th-18th but I like knowing for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 am 

It is the 17th-18th, according to the program we received at the Sci-Fi Marathon this year. There is an ad within that contains the date.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 am 

RIGHT ON! Thanks Wolf!