The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm 

Here's the show's main page, which includes links to subscribing either via iTunes or via RSS feed...

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/fat-g ... cond-reel/

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 am 

agentstinky wrote:
Ghost wrote:
You guys need to make this into an actual Podcast so I can download it instead of Streaming it

Ghost, they're listed on iTunes, etc. as "Second Reel from Fat Guys at the Movies"

I found it!! Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm 

Kathy Long inspired the video game character Kitana in the Mortal Kombat games. Also, Joe, if you ever needed a seat, I would gladly get up for you. Those guys were jerks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:06 am 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
Kathy Long inspired the video game character Kitana in the Mortal Kombat games. Also, Joe, if you ever needed a seat, I would gladly get up for you. Those guys were jerks!

I wasn't about to move for Joe, he was a punk and a bully back then....STAND FOR ALL I CARE :lol:

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:50 pm 

Ghost wrote:

I wasn't about to move for Joe, he was a punk and a bully back them....STAND FOR ALL I CARE :lol:

I didn't mean to insult you lol AWK-WARD HAHA Joe was a bully? Say WHAAAT!? :0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:21 am 

Ghost wrote:

I wasn't about to move for Joe, he was a punk and a bully back then....STAND FOR ALL I CARE :lol:

Just kidding I didn't know Joe back then

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Ghost wrote:
Just kidding I didn't know Joe back then

Wait ... Joe's not a bully NOW? Are we talking about the same Joe? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:00 am 

Listening to the Podcast Now...Marathon Chat #12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:39 am 

Ghost wrote:
Listening to the Podcast Now...Marathon Chat #12

Oh Joe how your memory has faded.....I, your humble servant suggested you go to Jeff with the idea of "Return of the Living Drexel" as a 24 hour marathon and of course "Return of the Living Dead" would be the centerpiece of the event.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Well, my old pal Tim has trumped me by announcing the arrival of Marathon Chat #12! This time covering the Riffe Center years! Check it out here: http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/06/marathon-chat-12/

However, I'll pick one bone with you per the aborted 1998 return of the 24-Hour Horror Marathon, ya goofball. You did, indeed, suggest the RETURN OF THE LIVING DREXEL name. But I always wanted to resurrect the 24-hour format, loooong before I took over your post on the good ship Titanic....er, I mean Grandview.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
Well, my old pal Tim has trumped me by announcing the arrival of Marathon Chat #12! This time covering the Riffe Center years! Check it out here: http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/06/marathon-chat-12/

However, I'll pick one bone with you per the aborted 1998 return of the 24-Hour Horror Marathon, ya goofball. You did, indeed, suggest the RETURN OF THE LIVING DREXEL name. But I always wanted to resurrect the 24-hour format, loooong before I took over your post on the good ship Titanic....er, I mean Grandview.

Very true but I gave you that final push to take it up with Jeff, who shot it down in flames :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:58 pm 

Good broadcast. Could be great with uh...a little editing...not to mention prep.

Yeah, the Boston SF Marathon had a checkered history with MST3K the movie, too. Seems like Gramercy Pictures basically tried to bury the movie (it's WIDEST release was 26 theaters nationwide!). Boston tried to get it several times to no avail. When it did officially came back in circulation, Boston was told that the studio had literally DESTROYED each and every print of the movie.

Fortunately, a...ahem...'Private' print fell out of the sky like a little birdie, somehow wound itself on our projector, and was shown in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:50 pm 

L.A. Connection wrote:
Good broadcast. Could be great with uh...a little editing...not to mention prep.

Yeah, the Boston SF Marathon had a checkered history with MST3K the movie, too. Seems like Gramercy Pictures basically tried to bury the movie (it's WIDEST release was 26 theaters nationwide!). Boston tried to get it several times to no avail. When it did officially came back in circulation, Boston was told that the studio had literally DESTROYED each and every print of the movie.

Fortunately, a...ahem...'Private' print fell out of the sky like a little birdie, somehow wound itself on our projector, and was shown in 2011.

I didn't have any trouble getting a print for my Sci-Fi marathon on April 11th, 1999.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:02 pm 

listened to the new podcast

laughed a few times

and then it ended in a very timely manner

Altered States might be a good one to bring back, I'm sure it's one of those movies that a large portion of the current audience hasn't seen, and many of the rest of us haven't seen it this century.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:59 am 
Site Admin

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/07/marathon-chat-13/

Remember the Sony Continent Science Fiction Marathon? Or the first Studio 35 24-Hour Horror Marathon? Want more discussion about them than you can shake an upside down and backwards reel of TERMINATOR 2 at? Well you've come to the right place! Check out the newest episode of Marathon Chat, as Kevin Carr and I discuss that groundbreaking, Marathon-altering year of 1999.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next