The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:27 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
IamJacksUserID wrote:
At the end of this podcast, you tease talking about the two final Studio 35 marathons on the next podcast, and how they are they one's you are most proud of, both of which had legendary special guests.

The timing of the next podcast would seem to indicate we shall have an announced lineup for this year's Marathon, which by all accounts has a lot of "moving parts" and different possibilities based on the pursuit of special guests.

Therefore, because A plus B ALWAYS equals C, at this year's marathon we can expect a blockbuster special guest that we haven't had at a horror marathon in six years.

BOOM! Mic drop...

I love having someone like you to analyze my motivations on such a ridiculously granular level. Makes me look like a true master. :wink:

Unfortunately, the complications of those moving parts turned out to be just that: complicated. So despite our efforts, it looks like we won't be bringing in a major guest for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK. I know, we're as bummed as some of you. But we'll continue to effort for such a guest at future Marathons. And who knows, maybe we'll still have a guest of some sort pop up on October 17th.

You are more than welcome to advertize and introduce "Dale from Arizona" as your "special" guest this year.

And I'll be more than happy to introduce a film and hold a Q and A if there is a demand for it...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 am 
Site Admin

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/09/marathon-chat-16/

New Marathon Chat is up! This time, we dig into the SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK lineup!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:29 am 

After listening to this podcast I decided to finally pull the trigger on TWIN PEAKS, I watched the Pilot episode last night and I am hooked, can't wait to watch both seasons before watching the Movie at the Marathon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:44 pm 

Ghost wrote:
After listening to this podcast I decided to finally pull the trigger on TWIN PEAKS, I watched the Pilot episode last night and I am hooked, can't wait to watch both seasons before watching the Movie at the Marathon.

Does the movie take place before, in between, or after the series?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:58 pm 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Does the movie take place before, in between, or after the series?

I don't know if you have listened to the podcast, but Joe explained the movie's relationship with the series just about perfectly.

Technically, it is considered a prequel. But Lynch's sense and treatment of geography and time, both in this and almost all of his movies, isn't exactly what one would call traditional.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Marathon Chat is back! This time, Kevin and I cover the landmark 2002 and 2003 Studio 35 Horror Marathons! http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/11/marathon-chat-17/!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

A bit late to the game on this one, but here's the new episode of MARATHON CHAT, in which Kevin and I discuss SF33! And yeah, this is technically posted in the Horror forum, but hey, in the name of keeping all of these links in the same thread....

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/marathon-chat-18/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:24 pm 

I say we all take up a collection to pay Kevin NOT to wear the Red diaper.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 am 
Site Admin

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/marathon-chat-20/

After a looooong delay.....it's here! The new episode of Marathon Chat! Remember the days when the Gateway was a Drexel theater? Well you'll get a least some of your fill of that discussion in this oft-rambling reminiscence of an odd little chapter in Marathon history.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:37 am 

Joe Neff wrote:

After a looooong delay.....it's here! The new episode of Marathon Chat! Remember the days when the Gateway was a Drexel theater? Well you'll get a least some of your fill of that discussion in this oft-rambling reminiscence of an odd little chapter in Marathon history.

I say HELL YES to a Cannon Films Marathon Event, look at all these great titles to choose from:

The Godsend
Schizoid
The Apple
New Year's Evil
Hospital Massacre
Enter the Ninja
Revenge of the Ninja
Ninja III: The Domination
Treasure of the Four Crowns (In 3-D)
House of the Long Shadows
Invasion U.S.A.
Cobra
Invaders from Mars
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:41 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:

After this episode (presumably), the next episode will finally include my first marathon, SF25. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:47 pm 

Ghost wrote:
Joe Neff wrote:

I say HELL YES to a Cannon Films Marathon Event, look at all these great titles to choose from:

The Godsend
Schizoid
The Apple
New Year's Evil
Hospital Massacre
Enter the Ninja
Revenge of the Ninja
Ninja III: The Domination
Treasure of the Four Crowns (In 3-D)
House of the Long Shadows
Invasion U.S.A.
Cobra
Invaders from Mars
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

I second a Canon Films theme too. Theme spans genres -- sci-fi, horror, action, dance! -- but would make for quite an enjoyable few hours. Even a double or triple feature would be pretty damn entertaining.
Add to the list -- Masters of the Universe, the Breakin' movies ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:30 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:

Electroma may not have been beloved, but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of Automatons hatred.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 am 

WANT MOAR!

Selfishly, you guys left off right at the point in time when I started attending. Have enjoyed the history lesson thus far, but curious about my memories once the two of you start recapping the 'thons I've attended. Looking forward to the next chapter(s) whenever it arrives ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:10 pm 

Also you need to devote an hour long show the the diverse lineup for the Shock-O-Rama event on August 20th :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next