The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/07/marathon-chat-13/

Remember the Sony Continent Science Fiction Marathon? Or the first Studio 35 24-Hour Horror Marathon? Want more discussion about them than you can shake an upside down and backwards reel of TERMINATOR 2 at? Well you've come to the right place! Check out the newest episode of Marathon Chat, as Kevin Carr and I discuss that groundbreaking, Marathon-altering year of 1999.

I think my Pickerington Marathon should have been mentioned since JEFF STOLE MY DATE.....which I had already been advertising and selling tickets for.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:59 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/07/marathon-chat-13/

Remember the Sony Continent Science Fiction Marathon? Or the first Studio 35 24-Hour Horror Marathon? Want more discussion about them than you can shake an upside down and backwards reel of TERMINATOR 2 at? Well you've come to the right place! Check out the newest episode of Marathon Chat, as Kevin Carr and I discuss that groundbreaking, Marathon-altering year of 1999.

I'm making the Prince tribute jingle my new ringtone...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am 

SusPIIIIIIIIriaaaa....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:28 pm 

Good job again (after that...uh...first 5 minutes of WTF).

Joe does an admirable explanation of how the MLO came into being. Hopefully, Major Tom and Bruce get a chance to listen to this for themselves.

One note on the Time Travel Marathon. Should be noted that this followed by just a couple of years, the one Time Travel themed Marathon in Boston - which featured just about every Time Travel movie mentioned in this podcast!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 am 
Site Admin

The next monumental episode of Marathon Chat is here! This time we cover the tumultuous period of 2000-2001, including an EXCLUSIVE story by yours truly that has never been told on the record! Check it out at http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/07/marathon-chat-14/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:37 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
The next monumental episode of Marathon Chat is here! This time we cover the tumultuous period of 2000-2001, including an EXCLUSIVE story by yours truly that has never been told on the record! Check it out at http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/07/marathon-chat-14/

I still have my Limited Edition 2nd Annual Studio 35 Horror Marathon T-Shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 pm 

Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to listening to this while running my 10-mile race this Sunday.

Must... resist... urge... to... listen... while... driving... home.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:12 pm 

Thanks a lot, Joe. Your "exclusive" story has just shattered my reality and caused me to question everything I know and love about Marathon History. I shall never be the same again.
Way. To. Go...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Don't worry, we'll be devoting the next podcast to a live call-in/group therapy thrust in order to help traumatized Marathoids like you recover from this mighty blow. Life is often cruel like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:38 am 

Just listened to the pod. The history there is before my time. Entertaining stuff.

I did make me wonder this though -- do you ever run into any people who say that they were at the 2000 marathon?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:32 pm 

not worldsfinest wrote:
Just listened to the pod. The history there is before my time. Entertaining stuff.

I did make me wonder this though -- do you ever run into any people who say that they were at the 2000 marathon?

Do You mean the Drexel 2000 Marathon or the Studio 35 Marathon that never happened?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

not worldsfinest wrote:

You'd be surprised at how many people have spoken fondly of that (ahem) event over the years. Most longtime Marathoids I run into have vague enough memories of the specifics of certain Marathons from 10-15 years ago that it's not too surprising. Now, was my intent, all those years ago, to exploit the generally hazy memory palaces of the Marathon Faithful? Hmmm.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:35 am 
Site Admin

http://www.fatguysatthemovies.com/2015/08/marathon-chat-15/

Marathon Chat #15! The Arena Grand years!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:44 pm 

At the end of this podcast, you tease talking about the two final Studio 35 marathons on the next podcast, and how they are they one's you are most proud of, both of which had legendary special guests.

The timing of the next podcast would seem to indicate we shall have an announced lineup for this year's Marathon, which by all accounts has a lot of "moving parts" and different possibilities based on the pursuit of special guests.

Therefore, because A plus B ALWAYS equals C, at this year's marathon we can expect a blockbuster special guest that we haven't had at a horror marathon in six years.

BOOM! Mic drop...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

IamJacksUserID wrote:
At the end of this podcast, you tease talking about the two final Studio 35 marathons on the next podcast, and how they are they one's you are most proud of, both of which had legendary special guests.

The timing of the next podcast would seem to indicate we shall have an announced lineup for this year's Marathon, which by all accounts has a lot of "moving parts" and different possibilities based on the pursuit of special guests.

Therefore, because A plus B ALWAYS equals C, at this year's marathon we can expect a blockbuster special guest that we haven't had at a horror marathon in six years.

BOOM! Mic drop...

I love having someone like you to analyze my motivations on such a ridiculously granular level. Makes me look like a true master. :wink:

Unfortunately, the complications of those moving parts turned out to be just that: complicated. So despite our efforts, it looks like we won't be bringing in a major guest for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK. I know, we're as bummed as some of you. But we'll continue to effort for such a guest at future Marathons. And who knows, maybe we'll still have a guest of some sort pop up on October 17th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next