The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, we're proud to announce a special endeavor with the Drexel for two Saturdays from now! Join us in a mammoth dusk 'til dawn kickoff to this fall's 7th Annual SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, the Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon October 17-18 at the Drexel Theater)! As part of this diabolical undertaking, you'll lay witness to:

*The EXCLUSIVE unveiling of the film lineup for this year's SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK!

*A cavalcade of 35mm Horror Trailer and Shorts!

*Three, count 'em, THREE horrific features, all in GLORIOUS 35mm! They include

-A 30th Anniversary screening of George A. Romero's cult classic DAY OF THE DEAD, featuring Lori Cardille leading a ragtag bunch of humanists against Joe Pilato's military thugs in an subterranean lair besieged by the undead, Tom Savini's landmark stomach-churning gore FX work, and Howard Sherman giving the greatest zombie performance in cinematic history!

-David Cronenberg's debut feature THEY CAME FROM WITHIN! A posh Montreal apartment complex is invaded by mutant parasites that unleash the carnal desires of the inhabitants in an orgy of lust and bloodshed. One Canadian critic called it "crammed with blood, violence and depraved sex" and "the most repulsive movie I've ever seen." Which makes it perfect for our Nightmarathon faithful!

-John Carradine in the schlock-tastic erotica of VAMPIRE HOOKERS! Because John Carradine and sexy vampires are always a nice chaser for a night of unbridled terror.

Tickets for SHOCK-O-RAMA are $10, and will only be available at the door the night of the show. Ticket buyers for this show will also have the chance to purchase an EXCLUSIVE ADVANCE DISCOUNT TICKET for this October SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK! Yes, purchase a ticket to this titanic triple bill, and you can buy your SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK ticket for just $37 (regular advance tickets will go one sale the following week for $40.)

Join us for the fun! Join us for the terror! Join us for SHOCK-O-RAMA, the beginning of our annual plunge into cinematic madness!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 am 

Awesome! I hope I can go!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:16 pm 

I probably won't be able to make it down, but I hope everyone who attends has a great time! And I hope the rest of us don't have to wait TOO long after this event to hear the lineup for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

It's settled, then: will some please kidnap...er, I mean give a free ride to Agent Stinky so that he can be there for the lineup's grand unveiling? And for the rest of the fun too, of course.

The current plan is to get regularly priced tix on sale the Monday after SHOCK-O-RAMA. So we'll likely post the full lineup online sometime around then. Fear not! Films are a'comin!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:40 pm 

Babysitter has been acquired and we will be there. Rockpocalypse last year was a lot of fun so I'm super stoked to see an all-nighter format return again this year. Any word on any commemorative extras, like unlimited coffee or tshirts? Or will I have to pull a Joe Neff and make my own?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:09 pm 

The wheels are in motion to make my triumphant return to Ohio for the Marathon, but this event is logistically impossible for me, though it would be tons of fun.
I am assuming that this is serving as a "fundraiser" of sorts for the main event as well as a "buzz generator" I suppose. So I have a question.
Is there any way someone like myself who must make a journey across country to attend, which isn't always feasible, to contribute in some way financially? I know in a year that I can't attend I could simply buy a ticket as means of charitable donation, but is there any other way? For this specific event, you are selling tickets at the door only, for example.

I know you guys ain't looking for charity, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:33 am 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
Is there any way someone like myself who must make a journey across country to attend, which isn't always feasible, to contribute in some way financially? I know in a year that I can't attend I could simply buy a ticket as means of charitable donation, but is there any other way? For this specific event, you are selling tickets at the door only, for example.

I know you guys ain't looking for charity, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I have an idea. You could buy a ticket and give it to someone else, like a close friend or family member. That way, you would still be contributing financially AND give one of the COOLEST gifts in the galaxy. I'll definitely be attending. I've never attended anything like this before.

Last edited by HorrorTriviaMaster on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

sexbox wrote:
Babysitter has been acquired and we will be there. Rockpocalypse last year was a lot of fun so I'm super stoked to see an all-nighter format return again this year. Any word on any commemorative extras, like unlimited coffee or tshirts? Or will I have to pull a Joe Neff and make my own?

SHOCK-O-RAMA is a bit more of a low budget affair, so no t-shirts or mugs are in the works. But feel free to do your best impersonation of 17-year old me if you wish.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
But feel free to do your best impersonation of 17-year old me if you wish.

Hmmmm... I may just have to make my own T-shirt for my 17-year-old Joe Neff costume. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:53 am 

LOVE the flyer! I'm still not 100% sure if I can make it, but as of now it's looking good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:56 am 

I fully expect HALLOWEEN to be one of the movies announced for the marathon this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:30 am 

I don't want to swear I'll be there, but there is certainly a non-zero chance of it. Especially since I'm likely to miss the Marathon itself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:10 pm 

I know three movies doesn't make for that impressive of a playlist, but I made a playlist of the trailers for all the movies to be shown at Shock-O-Rama. Expect a longer one once the Shock Around the Clock lineup is revealed!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:14 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:

Man, that poster mock-up is a Horror Fan's dream. Gorgeous. :shock: