The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:22 am 

That's fine if it's just not your cup of tea. I don't think anyone on this site would "attack" you for that. I don't think the sun shines and sets on Rob Zombie myself... I just like some of his films. No big deal. I'm the first to admit they're not for everybody. My best friend doesn't like him or his films, and we're still friends. It's cool.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:39 am 

One thing I do like about Rob Zombie's style is the "groovy 60's-70's" vibe through out a lot of them. I actually think the remake of Halloween is more realistic than the original if you really think about it. In the original, Michael's parents come home and take off his mask, and just stand there...and stand there... LOL I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but it's just my 2 cents. In the remake, Michael grew up in exactly the kind of household I would expect a psychotic serial killer to grow up in. It wasn't the "squeaky clean, innocent" kind of household portrayed in the original. It was terribly dysfunctional, loud and violent, which is the perfect recipe to make a lot of children snap.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 am 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
One thing I do like about Rob Zombie's style is the "groovy 60's-70's" vibe through out a lot of them. I actually think the remake of Halloween is more realistic than the original if you really think about it. In the original, Michael's parents come home and take off his mask, and just stand there...and stand there... LOL I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but it's just my 2 cents. In the remake, Michael grew up in exactly the kind of household I would expect a psychotic serial killer to grow up in. It wasn't the "squeaky clean, innocent" kind of household portrayed in the original. It was terribly dysfunctional, loud and violent, which is the perfect recipe to make a lot of children snap.

There was no surprise or shock that in the RZ version that house was the home of a violent serial killer BUT in the original the entire town was in shock because this was a normal family in a normal small town, that was the whole point, why would this normal little boy commit such a violent act???

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:30 am 

Ghost wrote:
HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:

There was no surprise or shock that in the RZ version that house was the home of a violent serial killer BUT in the original the entire town was in shock because this was a normal family in a normal small town, that was the whole point, why would this normal little boy commit such a violent act???

That's what made it so brilliant...a seemingly normal upbringing, middle-class family with no explanation...That seems more real to me than the over-dramatize, mom's a stripper, my family is filthy, yada, yada, yada...all you have to do is look at real life events...Eric Harris (Columbine shooter) comes to mind...a normal kid from a normal upbringing but underneath the kid was a sadistic, narcissistic, psychopath.

Last edited by Worldsfinest on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:32 am 

WolfNC17 wrote:
That's fine if it's just not your cup of tea. I don't think anyone on this site would "attack" you for that. I don't think the sun shines and sets on Rob Zombie myself... I just like some of his films. No big deal. I'm the first to admit they're not for everybody. My best friend doesn't like him or his films, and we're still friends. It's cool.

Shall we hug?!?! haha...just kidding

I've always been a fan of his music and he seems a like a pretty cool dude, I just have issues with him as a director...With that said, I did like Lords of Salem more than I thought I would.