TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME
THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
THE STRANGE CASE OF DR JEKYLL AND MISS OSBOURNE
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
THE KEEP
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS
THE KILLER SHREWS
DAWN OF THE DEAD

Can't say where the 12th movie will fit in, but maybe I'll guess again once it's announced.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:21 am 

You are all WRONG. :)

Night of The Creeps
The Devil Rides Out
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
Shock Value: The Movie
Dawn of the Dead
Deathgasm
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne
It Follows
The House By The Cemetery
The Killer Shrews
The Keep
(surprise Wes Craven movie instead of a premier)

I could definitely see Dawn playing last as well, but given the affinity one of our most honorable hosts has for it, I'm going to gamble that it'll show in a more primetime position.

I am 100% correct.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:19 am 

Whoever guesses the line up correctly (all 12 films) should get a prize. Also, what about the very first tickets at both the Sci Fi and Horror thons being gold colored, as a treat to whoever gets the first ones? They wouldn't have to be expensive prizes. Heck, they could be cheap little toys. It's the thought that counts. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:02 pm 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
Whoever guesses the line up correctly (all 12 films) should get a prize. Also, what about the very first tickets at both the Sci Fi and Horror thons being gold colored, as a treat to whoever gets the first ones? They wouldn't have to be expensive prizes. Heck, they could be cheap little toys. It's the thought that counts. :)

and we would all have a 1 in 8 chance of winning

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:46 pm 

My guess is that at the last minute, Joe will say "screw it" and change the lineup to:

DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

agentstinky wrote:
My guess is that at the last minute, Joe will say "screw it" and change the lineup to:

DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD

Now see, THIS guy gets it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
agentstinky wrote:

DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD

and they will all be the 2004 version

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:28 am 

Ghost wrote:
Joe Neff wrote:
agentstinky wrote:

DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD

and they will all be the 2004 version

You all are going to hate me for saying this, but ahh screw it. Here goes (sucks in a huuuuge breath):
I love the 2004 remake more than the original!
(exhales) WHEWWW!! Let me explain why. I LOVE!!!! the original. That being said, I understand the idea of running zombies is not only not true to the original, but even possibly impossible since dead people have rotted flesh and wouldn't be able to run, if they could move at all, but the fact is, walking zombies simply would not be scary or threatening in a 2004 Horror movie, and would have made people laugh or bored. Besides, zombies are fictitious to begin with already, so running zombies are just one more notch in fiction in an already fictitious scenario. I think the remake vastly improved upon the original by having more characters, as well as a power struggle for control over the mall, and several of the people having to come to terms with loved ones becoming zombies. It had a lot of heart, sad moments, tragedy, emotion, as well as one of the GREATEST Horror movie intros FOR ALL TIME!!! (Come on, a kick ass montage of zombie Horror set to Johnny Cash's "When The Man Comes Around"? That's solid gold awesome, in my opinion). The movie even had at least three appearances by actors who appeared in the original. I also think the music was VERY well done. Lastly, the damn movie even made me jump, something the original never succeeded in doing. It was during the moment where
a zombie approaches the window that Mekhi Phifer's character Andre was near.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 pm 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
You all are going to hate me for saying this, but ahh screw it. Here goes (sucks in a huuuuge breath):
I love the 2004 remake more than the original!
(exhales) WHEWWW!! Let me explain why. I LOVE!!!! the original. That being said, I understand the idea of running zombies is not only not true to the original, but even possibly impossible since dead people have rotted flesh and wouldn't be able to run, if they could move at all, but the fact is, walking zombies simply would not be scary or threatening in a 2004 Horror movie, and would have made people laugh or bored. Besides, zombies are fictitious to begin with already, so running zombies are just one more notch in fiction in an already fictitious scenario. I think the remake vastly improved upon the original by having more characters, as well as a power struggle for control over the mall, and several of the people having to come to terms with loved ones becoming zombies. It had a lot of heart, sad moments, tragedy, emotion, as well as one of the GREATEST Horror movie intros FOR ALL TIME!!! (Come on, a kick ass montage of zombie Horror set to Johnny Cash's "When The Man Comes Around"? That's solid gold awesome, in my opinion). The movie even had at least three appearances by actors who appeared in the original. I also think the music was VERY well done. Lastly, the damn movie even made me jump, something the original never succeeded in doing. It was during the moment where
a zombie approaches the window that Mekhi Phifer's character Andre was near.

When you get to the marathon you may turn in your Horror Movie Fan Card to Joe!!

But in all honesty it wasn't the running zombies that was a turn off for me, in the original DOTD the mall was actually like another character in the film not just a hiding place. The other turn off was the zombie baby, it was great in Dead Alive but was lame in this remake. Other than that the 2004 movie had some good moments especially the "Found Footage" ending.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:45 pm 

Thematically, DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978 and DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004 have almost nothing in common. In fact, the only similarities are that half of the movie takes place in a mall and, of course, that there are zombies. Otherwise, they are two entirely different films. The only problem I have with Zach Snyder's movie is the title. It's unfortunate that it had to be sold as a "remake" or a "reimagining," because taken on it's own merits as a zombie movie, it is pretty darn awesome. It's not perfect, but there are some tremendous horror gags throughout, including the aforementioned great opening sequence, and my personal favorite, the chainsaw incident.

It is unfortunate that the two films will be forever associated with one another. But that being said, it is silly to think that a classic's legacy can be tainted or sullied by a "remake." Hollywood has done remakes for years and they aren't stopping anytime soon. Snyder's version is too different for me to declare it superior, but it is not blasphemy to prefer a remake in some cases, such as the universally lauded John Carpenter version of The Thing. As the Master Stephen King once famously said when asked if he was upset that his books are always being ruined by their inferior film adaptation: "my books aren't ruined, take a look right there, they are all sitting on that shelf unchanged."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:47 pm 

Ghost wrote:
When you get to the marathon you may turn in your Horror Movie Fan Card to Joe!!

HEY!!! :evil: Make no mistake about it. I live for Horror movies. I just think the remake of Dawn Of The Dead is superior to the original.

IamJacksUserID wrote:
Thematically, DAWN OF THE DEAD 1978 and DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004 have almost nothing in common. In fact, the only similarities are that half of the movie takes place in a mall and, of course, that there are zombies. Otherwise, they are two entirely different films. The only problem I have with Zach Snyder's movie is the title. It's unfortunate that it had to be sold as a "remake" or a "reimagining," because taken on it's own merits as a zombie movie, it is pretty darn awesome. It's not perfect, but there are some tremendous horror gags throughout, including the aforementioned great opening sequence, and my personal favorite, the chainsaw incident.

Well, what would have been the point of having a remake that is too similar to the original? Would you rather have a shot for shot remake EXACTLY like the original? We all saw how terrible that idea is when the remake of Psycho was released in theaters. I think that any good remake SHOULD be different from the original! That's the entire point of a remake (or at least it SHOULD be): to improve upon the original or at least offer a different perspective. Dawn Of The Dead (2004) has a lot more in common with the original than just survivors of a zombie apocalypse hiding out in a shopping mall. In both versions, there is a pregnant woman. In both versions, the survivors rely on television broadcasts, which eventually stop airing, only adding to the intensity and horror of the situation, since the survivors had no CLUE what was happening with the rest of the world outside. In both versions, one of the survivors is on the verge of becoming a zombie and must be killed by a black man who was strong enough to do such an unpleasant and sad task. In both versions, there are strong, tough, blonde haired, blue eyed women whose lovers get attacked by zombies, and that survive all the way to the end of the movie. In both versions, there are intruders in the mall near the end of the movie (biker gang 1978, zombies 2014). In both versions, the survivors set out to find any island at all, not even sure if they would find an island. "have almost nothing in common"? HA lol As for the chainsaw incident, I love that scene too! The actress in that scene was really beautiful and professional. You might even say, a "CUT" above the rest!?? (dodges tomatoes)

Last edited by HorrorTriviaMaster on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:14 am 

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
It Follows
The Killer Shrews
Shock Value: the Movie
Deathgasm
12th film/premiere
The House By the Cemetery
The Keep
Dawn of the Dead
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osborne
The Devil Rides Out