The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:53 am 

I recently heard that Tremors 5 was coming out. Turns out it's today. Streaming on Netflix, to boot. That's right, Burt is back to take on a new breed of Graboids. I wish Kevin Bacon or Fred Ward would have been involved but maybe it's for the best. Anyway, as a consolation prize we get Jamie Kennedy. Whoopie.

Tremors 5: Bloodlines aka Tremors goes to Africa (not really) makes it feel like Ernest P. Worrell should be involved. Also, anything with "Bloodlines" in the title already brings down my expectations a little. It just sounds stock and lazy at this point. IMDB states that early rumors had this one taking place in Australia instead of Africa, titling it Tremors 5: Thunder From Down Under. This makes me chuckle.

I have always loved Tremors since the first one came out in 1990. That makes 25yrs of Tremors. They were a frequent rental for me at the vid shop and as the sequels went on the monsters changed, constantly evolving. I always liked that. I also like that it never felt like the films took themselves too seriously, allowing me to overlook the constantly diminishing budget each following film had.

I never caught the TV series and might check that out along with #5. I wanted to see if anyone else out there in marathon land has special place in their hearts for Graboids, Shriekers, and Assblasters? Is the TV series worth a look?

Attachments:
PHJlLUExpDA3NM_2_l.jpg
PHJlLUExpDA3NM_2_l.jpg [ 137.6 KiB | Viewed 8681 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:25 am 

This is a series I've always meant to pick up but never have. It's dirt cheap on DVD, so I may have to bite the bullet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:34 pm 

They're still making Tremors movies? Jesus..... and a TV SERIES?? sigh... The first film never should have had any sequels. .....(I'm starting to sound like willcail lol) But seriously, how can the graboids evolve if they are older than living hell itself? The whole thing with the graboids is they are like the Great White Shark: They don't NEED to evolve. Having them evolve doesn't make any sense and is all about money. I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:06 am 

No sequels? But then we wouldn't have had Tremors 2: Aftershocks at the 1996 Sci-Fi Marathon. :wink:

The TV series was OK. It was for the Sci-Fi Channel, so... you know. Keep your expectations in check.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:51 pm 

WolfNC17 wrote:
No sequels? But then we wouldn't have had Tremors 2: Aftershocks at the 1996 Sci-Fi Marathon. :wink:

The TV series was OK. It was for the Sci-Fi Channel, so... you know. Keep your expectations in check.

I will confess that there is ONE SciFi Channel original movie that I actually enjoy. It is called "Abominable". It has some mild scary moments and GOOD GRAVY is it gory!! It also has a very nice ending that I won't spoil for any of you. :) Oh! And did I forget to mention that it has B movie scream queen Tiffany Shepis?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:01 am 

Tremors returning to TV, with Kevin Bacon's involvement:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73826