The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post-Marathon Recaps?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:48 pm 

Hey guys, I know you're tired and all, but surely someone has something to say about the event. I'm going through withdrawal here...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:51 am 

I seem to be the only person that attended the marathon that hates "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me". Not since Daft Punk's "Electroma" have I seen such a terrible film show at a movie marathon. Furthermore, this would have been the PERFECT movie to replace with a Wes Craven film. The marathon showed a non Horror film that was as ridiculous as an Uwe Boll movie, and NO WES CRAVEN FILM!!????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:11 pm 

HorrorTriviaMaster wrote:
I seem to be the only person that attended the marathon that hates "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me". Not since Daft Punk's "Electroma" have I seen such a terrible film show at a movie marathon. Furthermore, this would have been the PERFECT movie to replace with a Wes Craven film. The marathon showed a non Horror film that was as ridiculous as an Uwe Boll movie, and NO WES CRAVEN FILM!!????

Count me as the 2nd person that hated Twins Peaks FWWM.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:19 am 

I'm curious about why you guys hated Fire Walk With Me so much. Besides it not being horror (which I kind of agree with), why did you hate it? Be specific. I'm genuinely curious to know why.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:18 pm 

Because I thought I did such a great job of summing up how I feel about Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me in my breakdown of the marathon, please allow me to repost my thoughts about it here:

TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME:
Okay, I feel it is only fair to give you all a warning:
This review will NOT BE POSITIVE, and I have VERY little good to say about this movie, so if you love this movie or the series and are easily offended, you may not want to read below.

Okay, so......WHAT THE F&%K WAS THIS!!!????? This is by far the worst movie I have ever seen at ANY marathon of any kind at any theater, for all time!!! First, it's not even a Horror film in any way, shape or form, and trust me, I was wide awake through out the entire thing. The only thing "Horror" related about this piece of garbage was the horrible acting! Please bear in mind that I have never (and will never, ever) watch any episodes of the show or the reboot show, nor do I care for David Lynch. Is there a single scene in the movie in which the lead character is NOT screaming or crying? This movie is just weird and stupid. Why should I care about any of the characters, especially the one who is killed at the end? I really do not understand why whoever decided to book this film booked it. There was a similar incident where a Peter Jackson movie screened at a previous, 12 hour Horror marathon by the name of "MEET THE FEEBLES". Even though I did enjoy that movie, it was NOT Horror and never should have been screened at a Horror marathon. I am a dedicated, lifelong fan and attendee to the marathons and rarely complain about anything. My ONLY complaint about the marathons is that Joe and Bruce please stick to the genre of films they are hosting a marathon for. I just don't see this as Horror, even if I LOVED this movie.

Now for the good things (and there aren't many):
* I LOVE the music. It is very beautiful.
* A lot of the actresses in this movie are very sexy, especially Laura's friend in the club scene (MEEOWW!!!!!!!!!!)
* Ray Wise is such an over the top actor. Love that guy. Great performance.....even if I DIDN'T understand what the hell the movie was about.

And now, for additional thoughts not part of my marathon breakdown:
I get that it is a staple for David Lynch to direct weird movies that force people to question exactly WTF is going on, and this movie is no exception. Needless to say, I don't care for the show, and definitely don't care for the movie based on it. I have just never understood why David Lynch directs his movies the way he does. The acting performances are just.....weird... totally unrealistic, kind of like how certain characters in M. Night Shyamalan's movies behave uncharacteristically of real life, actual human beings in the real world, so too does pretty much every character in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.