The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbies!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:45 am 

I think I have talked at least 3, maybe more people into attending this October's Shock Around the Clock. They are from the Toledo area & when I told them about a 24hr horror movie marathon they said that they must make plans to attend! I don't post a lot but wanted to share the good news! Now I don't have to make the 2 1/2 drive by myself!

Post subject: Re: Newbies!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:39 pm 

That's awesome! It sure does feel good to bring new people into the fold.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:04 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 pm 

The one guy is my cousin's boyfriend. Yesterday on Facebook, my cousin had changed her profile pic to Darkness (from Legend) holding 3 unicorns & I commented "one of the few watchable Tom Cruise movies, what a classic!" She had to google what I was talking about & she said yeah cool. Her boyfriend said he saw it when he was young & remembered very little. He likes the same kind of horror/sci fi/fantasy movies that I do & I told him that he had to revisit it & show it to my cousin. I told him that the US theatrical cut was the better version since Tangerine Dream's soundtrack was so amazing. He said he used to work in a record store & one of the guys he worked with was always trying to turn people onto Tangerine Dream. LOL

I then mentioned that they did a lot of the soundtrack for The Keep. He asked about it & I said nazis, ghosts & all kinds of craziness. He said now you are talking my kind of movie. I told him I was always somehow mesmerized by the VHS box in the old video stores but thought the movie looked stupid. I told him I finally saw it last year at the Columbus 24 hr Horror movie Marathon & it was a good kind of crazy movie but awesome soundtrack too. He shot back "24 hr horror movie marathon", now you really have my attention. I sent him the invite to the event on FB for S.A.T.C. 2016. He said his birthday is in October & he needs to make this happen. He tagged my cousin & another friend & they all seem to be in. I told them to swing by Rockford, Oh & we can carpool!

He said they are going to try to recruit more friends & they had never heard of S.A.T.C. I told him this will be my 5th anniversary attending S.A.T.C. & that the people are awesome & I always have a great time. I wish I had heard of it sooner, but glad I found it when I did. Well worth the 2 1/2 drive down.

Is it October yet??? 8) 8)