The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! On August 20th we’re cracking open the Necronomicon and taking over the Drexel Theater for a ONE NIGHT ONLY extravaganza of ancient Sumerian chants, demonic friends, and wall to wall splatter! That’s right Mister Fancypants: the 2nd Annual SHOCK-O-RAMA is being possessed by THE EVIL DEAD TRILOGY! Sam Raimi’s classic debut THE EVIL DEAD in 35mm! The landmark sequel EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN in 35mm! And the mother of all finales, ARMY OF DARKNESS!

PLUS! We’ll once again be featuring the EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT of the lineup for this fall’s SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, the 8th Annual 24-Hour Horror Marathon (October 15-16 at the Drexel) in one traumatic trailer reel! AND! Coffinloads of 35mm trailers, shorts, and other surprises!

The gruesome fun begins at 10pm August 20th! Tickets for this explosion of terror are a dirt cheap $15, and will go on sale this FRIDAY JULY 22nd at the beautiful, newly renovated Drexel Theater (2254 E. Main St.) You should also have the option to buy advance tickets through the Drexel’s online ticketing system by this weekend. Join us, join us, JOIN US for an amazing night of terror to kick of Horror Marathon season!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:35 am 

Man, I am just rolling around, bathing myself in the news, letting it wash over me. #blessed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:46 am 

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

GOD DAMMIT!! Wrong thread again...

One word to sum this announcement up....moist.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Don't stay home on August 20th. If you love our Marathons, if you love your children as much as I know you do, stand and speak and vote your conscience with your dollars by attending SHOCK-O-RAMA!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:52 pm 

This will be my youngest Daughters introduction to the marathons, and the Evil Dead Trilogy on the Big Screen is a perfect way to start down this long and twisted path.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 pm 

Thanks Joe & company for getting an awesome trilogy for Shock-O-Rama! I was considering skipping it, since it is a 2 1/2 drive, but once the lineup was announced, it is well worth the drive! I have always wanted to see The Evil Dead & Evil Dead 2 in 35mm on the big screen!

Will they have the Paypal payment option available again for those who don't live locally?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 pm 

Farva wrote:
Thanks Joe & company for getting an awesome trilogy for Shock-O-Rama! I was considering skipping it, since it is a 2 1/2 drive, but once the lineup was announced, it is well worth the drive! I have always wanted to see The Evil Dead & Evil Dead 2 in 35mm on the big screen!

Same, this is definitely making me consider making the drive from Akron. KLAATU! BARADA! NImbmbmbm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Farva wrote:

Will they have the Paypal payment option available again for those who don't live locally?

Aw shucks! We do what we can! The EVIL DEAD Trilogy is a concept we've tossed around for some time. And considering how we sometimes tend to (ahem) challenge the audience with some of the films we book, organizing a definite crowd pleaser like this event seemed natural.

In terms of e-tickets, the current plan is for them to be available via the Drexel's online system for this event only. Keeps everything centrally located for a mini-Marathon like this. We'll be going back to PayPal for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:01 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
Farva wrote:

Aw shucks! We do what we can! The EVIL DEAD Trilogy is a concept we've tossed around for some time. And considering how we sometimes tend to (ahem) challenge the audience with some of the films we book, organizing a definite crowd pleaser like this event seemed natural.

In terms of e-tickets, the current plan is for them to be available via the Drexel's online system for this event only. Keeps everything centrally located for a mini-Marathon like this. We'll be going back to PayPal for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK.

Is there a special link to use? I don't see anything on drexel.net for Shock-O-Rama. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:35 am 
Site Admin

The online ticket sales option should be up sometime this weekend via the Drexel's site. Should. That could be delayed a bit depending on how long it takes for the information to be translated through. Keep checking back, and we'll make sure that things are copacetic soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Okay, the latest news is that there was apparently a snafu on ticketing website's end in setting up the SHOCK-O-RAMA sales. Nothing too big, and with any luck online tix should be available on Monday. In the meantime, tix are still on sale at the Drexel box office. And hey, it gives all of you an excuse to see how they've spruced up the digs!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

UPDATE! SHOCK-O-RAMA tix should now be available for online purchase at http://bit.ly/2aFPHfD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
UPDATE! SHOCK-O-RAMA tix should now be available for online purchase at http://bit.ly/2aFPHfD

Thanks! Just ordered my ticket!

Movie Tickets.com charges a $1 handling fee, but cheaper than the tank of gas it would cost to drive down & back for. :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 am 

Joe and Company,
Thanks for fulfilling your pledge to schedule an event during the interregnum between marathons. Having seen Army of Darkness I was up for this one.
Looking up the first two films I decided to pass. I am glad that the horror cohort is looking forward to SHOCK! (picture of saliva dripping from gaping jaws).
I do hope that Ghost's youngest is not TOO young. Scarring is hard to remove.

Hoping for a more SF mini-event after the Horror Marathon, as a buildup to 24 hour SF shew, but you are entitled to have a life.

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Just as an update to the proceedings, SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK tickets will go on sale at SHOCK-O-RAMA on August 20th. $40 in advance, $45 at the door. A side effect of the Drexel's new, luxurious seating is that our capacity has been diminished by about 20 or so. For comparison's sake, this year's SF33 crowd would've sold out the new seating capacity. So make sure to buy tickets early to ensure your spot.

And Pogo, EVIL DEAD and EVIL DEAD 2 aren't as disturbing and gruesome as you might have been led to believe. ED2, in particular, is an extended tribute to classic horror and slapstick, with a lot of multi-colored demon blood that is often more comical than horrific. C'mon now! We'll protect ya!