The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am 
Site Admin

So one Marathon ends, and the countdown to the next one begins! Sure, we're enjoying the dawn of spring and have the warmth of summer to come. But those cool October nights aren't that far away. And so the resurrection of SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK begins once again!

We're already hard at work here in the Nightmarathon Lab-or-a-tory, dreaming up all sorts of wonderfully awful things to unleash upon you, the faithful Nightmarathoid crowd, in a little under seven months. If you missed the announcement at this past weekend's smash success 30th Anniversary Science Fiction Marathon, we announced our first film for the Horror Marathon! It's our tribute to the late, great Bill Paxton with NEAR DARK in glorious, crimson-drenched 35mm! A finger-lickin' good time for all!

More news to come during the next few months. We're once again planning on kicking off Horror Marathon season with a SHOCK-O-RAMA event in mid to late August, during which we'll roll out the EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT of the SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK lineup. And we'd love to organize another mini-event or two before then. So keep yer eyes peeled on this forum and our social media feeds for all the latest. October can't come soon enough! AAAEEEOOOUUGGGHH!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm 

Cannot wait! My Toledo peeps have so far recruited another new, virgin, victim to attend & are always looking for new blood.

I have a request, that "The Void" be in the marathon this year, if possible, please!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Farva wrote:
I have a request, that "The Void" be in the marathon this year, if possible, please!

It would be interesting, for sure. There's a Columbus theatrical run coming soon, so part of the decision on whether to book it for the Horror Marathon or not will come down to how much play it gets around here. In the past, we've programmed films that only had very limited Columbus play in the same year. At the same time, films that play for quite a bit in the same calendar year are often ones that we wait until the next year or after to bring in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:15 pm 

What? No love for those in further reaches of Ohio that don't get to experience limited run movies? LOL

I'm just kidding, I totally understand, but it would be very sweet.