The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Top 3 Slasher Films!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Since we're rapidly approaching SLASH-O-RAMA next weekend, a veritable mega-binge of slasheriffic goodness....what are your Top 3 Slasher Films of all time? And why? Go wild with this! Any era, any definition of slasher,etc. Although should we limit things and exclude the first HALLOWEEN, FRIDAY THE 13th, and NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST.? Ehhhhh I'll let you decide. And I'll weigh in with my choices in a few posts.

Post subject: Re: Top 3 Slasher Films!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:55 am 

Stage fright - Any movie that starts with a man dancing to 80s music while wearing a costumed owl head is alright by me. A bunch of performers are trapped in a theater while a killer wearing an oversized owl head costume is on the loose. Sounds wacky, and it is. But in a good way. Fun movie overall and nice ending too.

Maniac - the original of course (sorry Elijah). First slasher I know of that tells you the story from the killers perspective. Still manages to stay suspenseful even though you know the identity of the killer up front.

Bloody Moon - Might be more giallo than traditional slasher, but I whatever, I love this movie so I'm counting it anyway. Set in a small Spanish school, a mysterious killer goes on a rampage hacking up 80s broads. That isn't the tag line, but it should be. Lots of nudity and gore and keeps you guessing til the end.

Honorable mention - The Burning. Mostly just because it has a young George Costanza in it.