The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Yep! We're baaaaaaaack!

Nine times the horror! Nine times the fright! SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK returns from the grave for another terror-filled rotation of the planet! Through several different incarnations, the Horror Marathon has been bringing Columbus the best in new and classic terror since 1988, and regularly draws dedicated attendees from 11 different states (stretching as wide as California and New York). This year's celebration of cinematic excess features a powerhouse lineup of films, including:

-A tribute to the late George A. Romero featuring CREEPSHOW, his beloved E.C. Comics-inspired collaboration with Stephen King, and MARTIN, his underrated ‘70s vampire drama.

-The OHIO PREMIERE of REPLACE, the new film from director Norbert Keill. Starring genre favorite Barbara Crampton (RE-ANIMATOR) and Rebecca Forsythe (daughter of famed character actor William Forsythe), it’s hypnotic tour de force about a young woman seeking decidedly unconventional means to stop the rapid degeneration of her skin. Birth Movies Death calls it “The best thing at Fantastia International Film Festival this year, and one you absolutely must keep on your radar until you’re able to see it for yourself.”

-The OHIO PREMIERE of SEQUENCE BREAK. Graham Skipper, well-known to horror fans for his work on BEYOND THE GATES and RE-ANIMATOR: THE MUSICAL, takes the director’s reins for this sci-fi/horror hybrid about a reclusive video game technician and the strange machine that plunges him into a dark and mysterious world. Nightmarish Conjurings lauds it as “Altered States meets Videodrome.”

-A tribute to the late Bill Paxton with his memorable turn in Kathryn Bigelow’s modern vampire classic NEAR DARK (in GLORIOUS 35mm)!

-A rare 35mm screening of the pre-teens battling stop-motion demons ‘80s favorite THE GATE!

-A tribute to the late Jonathan Demme with his iconic horror masterpiece THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS!

-The NEW DCP RESTORATION of David Lynch’s ultimate midnight movie ERASERHEAD!

-Val Lewton and Jacque Tourneur’s atmospheric 1942 classic CAT PEOPLE!

-Tobe Hooper’s terror at the carnival ‘80s favorite THE FUNHOUSE!

-Jennifer Connelly and Donald Pleasance in Dario Argento’s fantasy-horror shocker PHENOMENA!

-The NEW DCP RESTORATION of Brian Yuzna’s splatterific social satire SOCIETY!

PLUS!
-Coffinloads of 35mm trailers and shorts!
-The 9th Annual Costume Contest (with $100 First Prize!)
-The 9th Annual Scream Contest
-And more surprises!

Tickets for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK are on sale MONDAY AUGUST 21st at the Drexel Theatre (2254. E. Main St./cash or charge), Laughing Ogre Comics (4258 N. High St./cash only) or via PayPal at http://www.horrormarathon.com. Advance tix are $40, with a bump to $45 the day of show (if there are any left.) Reserve your place now for what promises to be a landmark night of terror!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:40 pm 

Great line up! A lot of long overdue films as well as some great films that haven't played in ages. Really hope the audience likes Martin as much as I do. Wish I could be there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 am 

Two weeks from right this minute
Spoiler: show
I'll be sitting in my car driving down to Columbus