The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Horror Marathon 2007?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 pm 

Any word on if there's even going to be a horror marathon this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 am 

It's still a bit early. I'm starting to wonder if the message on the Drexel's website that the Film Forum will be back on Thursday August 8th wasn't a typo. The next Thursday August 8th is actually 2013. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

I've spoken with Bruce several times, and we're tentatively planning something for Saturday October 20th. Hopefully, we'll have more solid info in the next few weeks. Those enough qualifiers for ya? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:40 am 

A friend of mine sent me a link about another horror marathon the week before in Yellow Springs.

http://www.littleart.com/site.php/events/horror-marathon

I won't be able to attend but the lineup looks okay. Interesting for an Art House Theater, mostly mainstream movies.

An American Werewolf In London (1981)
Two American tourists in England are attacked by a werewolf that none of the locals will admit exists. Directed by John Landis. 97 mins.

The Shining (1980)
Stanley Kubrick's chilling adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel. Starring Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall. 143 mins.

Black Sheep (2006)
An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm. 87 mins. Watch the trailer »

The Lost Boys (1987)
After moving to a new town, two brothers are convinced that the area is frequented by vampires. Stars Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Corey Haim. Directed by Joel Schumacher. 97 mins.

Jeepers Creepers (2001)
A brother and sister driving home for spring break encounter a man-eating creature in the isolated countryside. Starring Justin Long. Directed by Victor Salva. 90 mins.

Evil Dead II (1987)
The lone survivor of an onslaught of flesh-possessing spirits holds up in a cabin with a group of strangers while the demons continue their attack. Starring Bruce Campbell. Directed by Sam Raimi. 85 mins.

The Thing (1982)
Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills. Starring Kurt Russell. Directed by John Carpenter. 109 mins.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
A radio host (Caroline Williams) is victimized by a family of cannibals as a former Texas Marshall (Dennis Hopper) hunts them. With Bill Mosely. Directed by Tobe Hooper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for plugging the Little Art Theater Marathon, Dennis. Zach McGhee, one of the organizers, contacted me about this a few weeks back, and I've forgotten to plug his event until now. Zach came up through the ranks of the Columbus Marathons, so I'm sure the audience will be in good hands. I'm thinking about making the trek out that weekend, so I'll keep everyone posted if I hear any more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:58 pm 

Good to hear that the marathon is in the planning stages, Joe. I look forward to more news as it arrives!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:34 pm 

Dennis wrote:
A friend of mine sent me a link about another horror marathon the week before in Yellow Springs.

http://www.littleart.com/site.php/events/horror-marathon

I won't be able to attend but the lineup looks okay. Interesting for an Art House Theater, mostly mainstream movies.

An American Werewolf In London (1981)
Two American tourists in England are attacked by a werewolf that none of the locals will admit exists. Directed by John Landis. 97 mins.

The Shining (1980)
Stanley Kubrick's chilling adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel. Starring Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall. 143 mins.

Black Sheep (2006)
An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm. 87 mins. Watch the trailer »

The Lost Boys (1987)
After moving to a new town, two brothers are convinced that the area is frequented by vampires. Stars Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Corey Haim. Directed by Joel Schumacher. 97 mins.

Jeepers Creepers (2001)
A brother and sister driving home for spring break encounter a man-eating creature in the isolated countryside. Starring Justin Long. Directed by Victor Salva. 90 mins.

Evil Dead II (1987)
The lone survivor of an onslaught of flesh-possessing spirits holds up in a cabin with a group of strangers while the demons continue their attack. Starring Bruce Campbell. Directed by Sam Raimi. 85 mins.

The Thing (1982)
Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills. Starring Kurt Russell. Directed by John Carpenter. 109 mins.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
A radio host (Caroline Williams) is victimized by a family of cannibals as a former Texas Marshall (Dennis Hopper) hunts them. With Bill Mosely. Directed by Tobe Hooper.

Mainstream yes, but a damn good lineup in any case IMHO. Have to see if I can make it to this one. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:50 am 

Dennis wrote:

Sounds like a fun marathon but I can't go, Wednesday 13 is in Cambridge on the 12th and in Cincy on the 13th and I can't resist back to back Wednesday 13 concerts (and yes we are going to the Wednesday 13 concert on the 10th in Cleveland also) 3 Wednesday 13 concerts in 4 days :twisted:

My Wife and Daughter with Wednesday 13 at the Cleveland show a couple months ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
I've spoken with Bruce several times, and we're tentatively planning something for Saturday October 20th. Hopefully, we'll have more solid info in the next few weeks. Those enough qualifiers for ya? :lol:

Glad to hear your working on the Marathon, I can't wait to see the line up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:28 pm 

Rats, I'm probably going to be out of town on the weekend of the 20th.

As for that other marathon, holy frack, that's an awesome lineup!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 am 

Good news! Hoping to do back to back horror marathon weekends!