The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:17 am 

AEinhorn,

"No, no, no. We never need to see zombie incest nipple biting again.

I never would have thought I could find naked breasts so incredibly unappealing."

What movie are you talking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:15 pm 

Son_of_Zardoz wrote:
AEinhorn,

"No, no, no. We never need to see zombie incest nipple biting again.

I never would have thought I could find naked breasts so incredibly unappealing."

What movie are you talking about?

Last Years BURIAL GROUND it was nipple biting good :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:30 pm 

OMG, BURIAL GROUND was so awful, but totally worth it just for the man/child/zombie guy. Absolutely hysterical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:41 pm 

geekzapoppin wrote:
OMG, BURIAL GROUND was so awful, but totally worth it just for the man/child/zombie guy. Absolutely hysterical.

Michael the man/child/zombie guy was born in 1955 and Burial Ground was released in 1981 making him a 26 year old man playing a pre-teen, it was disturbing to say the least.

Post subject: Burial Ground
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:40 pm 

That movie went on forever, and there was a pay, but you had to watch so much nonsensical crap to get to it.

The movie I liked the best last year was Black Christmas. It was awesome.

Post subject: Re: Burial Ground
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:58 pm 

Pumpkinhead wrote:
That movie went on forever, and there was a pay, but you had to watch so much nonsensical crap to get to it.

The movie I liked the best last year was Black Christmas. It was awesome.

see I feel the same way about black christmas, it's a good movie but to slow however the remake was GREAT just kidding it sucked really really bad, not as bad as The Fog remake but it still sucked.

To the devil a daughter is the slow movie so far this year but I still can't wait to see it on the big Screen.

Post subject: Black Christmas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:25 pm 

It made more sense than Burial Ground and it had a cool plot, guess I'm not into Italain Zombie Movies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:28 am 

Damn skip a year and look what happen. Well it is on DVD. I might rent the flick before the marathon.

Post subject: Re: Black Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 am 

Pumpkinhead wrote:
It made more sense than Burial Ground and it had a cool plot, guess I'm not into Italain Zombie Movies

It's all good, I have seen Black Christmas several times and it always seems slow but the plot is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:17 pm 

Nobody ever claimed that BURIAL GROUND was a good movie; it's just so consistently insane that it's worth watching at least once. It's not something I'd watch on my own, though. You definitely need a crowd to riff on the film.

PLEASE, don't think that BURIAL GROUND is representative of Italian Zombie Films as a whole, though. There are much better entries in the genre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:17 pm 

geekzapoppin wrote:
PLEASE, don't think that BURIAL GROUND is representative of Italian Zombie Films as a whole, though. There are much better entries in the genre.

Like ZOMBIE!!

Post subject: I'm back
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:25 pm 

I've been out of the country for the past two weeks but it feels good to get back to the marathon forum. Unfortunately the Chicago marathon, despite it's advantages (no 7 hour drive, it's 24 hours), is a pretty one way street. The organizer doesn't really have a forum, outside of a myspace page. In fact he doesn't seem to care about the audience at all. So it's an interesting comparison this year between the two marathons. After 2 years in a row of really kick-ass lineups in Chicago, it seems that this year they are going for a more family-friendly PG-13 marathon. In fact the lineup is kind of lame. The Shining is great, but played to death and with a weak supporting lineup I'd trade it for something faster and gorier this year. In fact the only "gore" movie we have is Videodrome which will be very devisive and Demons 2 which just kind of sucks if I remember correctly. Halloween 3 is an interesting choice but a lot of people don't like that one. Peeping Tom is a great movie but kind of slow and more suspense than horror-it will be interesting to see how that one plays. It's Alive is another one I like but in this kind of weak and slow paced lineup. But the real disappointments are Monster Squad and Abbott & Costello Meets Frankenstein. I kind of liked Monster Squad as an 11 year old, not so much now as a 31 year old. And Abbott & Costello is just insulting. Having been to some many marathons since 1989, I think I have a general idea of what works and what doesn't and this is just not one to get excited about in my opinion. There's just nothing to get overly excited about like The Thing or Demons and Near Dark, the years before. The best movies here are either too played out, too slow for most audiences, or too devisive.

On the other hand Columbus is having a hard-R marathon. Near Dark is a classic and always welcome every Halloween. Make Them Die Slowly is not high on my list of films to see-never liked those Italian cannibal/animal torture movies. Zombie is a classic but it feels like it's played too recently (Maybe because it played Chicago last year). And To the Devil a Daughter doesn't sound like some PG-13 movie too me. Don't think I can make it this year either... Already missing some work for the Chicago marathon (though I might want to reconsider). Last year's lineup was more my speed but this one is nothing to sneeze at. Keep up the good work Joe and Bruce and try to make next year's a 24 hour event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:49 pm 

TO THE DEVIL, A DAUGHTER is definitely not PG13. Especially when you consider that Nastassja Kinski does full frontal and was only fifteen or sixteen at the time. Let's just hope that the Po-Po doesn't break in and arrest us all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:16 pm 

While the rest of the line up looks real good, I just hate to see "Make Them Die Slowly" again. We rented the dvd not that long ago, and I just couldn't wait for them all to die. Besides that, the animal torture is really awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:29 pm 

Excellent line up this year, guys, there's nothing I don't want to see. I know not everyone likes the cannibal gorefests, but it gets my vote - and where else would you get the chance to see something like this on the big screen?

Bought my tickets yesterday at Drexel East from Mr Frank, who told me that the THE FOG and THE HILLS HAVE EYES (seventies originals) will also be on the line-up. This is gonna be a lot of fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next