The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grindhouse
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:05 am 

My god! I just saw Death Proof for the first time, it was awesome. I can't believe I missed the double feature at the movies.

P.S. I also can't believe they haven't release Planet Terror yet. Rose McGowan is a STAR! She looks so great in the trailers, I would see it just for her. She has B-movie goddess written all over here.

Also, I thought Sydney Poitier and Chery'ls Ladd daughters were great in Death Proof. They can act.

Are they ever going to release the trailers too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:30 am 

The trailers my guess is will be on Planet Terror, which ran first on the double bill. How long before they "Double Dip" and put both on a "special edition" is my question....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:05 am 

Josh Roxxx wrote:
The trailers my guess is will be on Planet Terror, which ran first on the double bill. How long before they "Double Dip" and put both on a "special edition" is my question....

I have the Death Proof DVD but have not had the chance to watch it yet, so your saying the fake trailers are not on the 2nd disc? Man thats a bummer. And yes I bet they do a "special edition" eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:37 am 

Nope. No trailers on PLANET TERROR either. I'm sure the Weinsteins are waiting until the inevitable GRINDHOUSE double dip to release the trailers. The MACHETE trailer is at least on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:37 am 

The Run Time for Death Proof is 113min. The DVD have the extended cut of the film. Planet Terror will have an extended cut (with the "Missing Reel" intact) WE can see how the BBQ Shack caught of fire. Both are two disc editions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Proof

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Terror

I don't think there will be another DVD edition. Who Knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:56 am 

Son_of_Zardoz wrote:
The Run Time for Death Proof is 113min. The DVD have the extended cut of the film. Planet Terror will have an extended cut (with the "Missing Reel" intact) WE can see how the BBQ Shack caught of fire. Both are two disc editions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Proof

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Terror

I don't think there will be another DVD edition. Who Knows.

"Best Buy will release an exclusive steelbook copy of Planet Terror with a bonus disc including Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse 101 Q&A from the SXSW film festival."

It should be a 101 on how to screw the customer, they seem to be good enough at that to teach a class on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:09 pm 

The trailers are want i want to see again. I suppose and i hate to do it but i will just look for a boot at Cinema Wasteland this weekend. No widescreen nor 5.1 but damn they are going to get my money anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:07 pm 

For me this was a wonderful cinematic experience, I haven't had that much fun at a movie theater in a long time. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:12 pm 

Yeah, I can't believe I missed it. It didn't stay in movie theaters long.

Hey, I heard they are making a movie about the lady who played the Wasp Woman, Susan Cabot, I guess she had a son with dwarfism and she gave him steroids to help him grow but he went crazy and beat her to death with barbell weights. She was in a lot of Roger Corman films. I guess Rose McGowan is going to play her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

I loved Grindhouse when I saw it in the theatre, and am frankly really annoyed they re-configured it for overseas distribution and dvd release. I loved the way both features played off one another, as well as the fake previews in between, and think it's so sad that people are going to miss the "full effect" just because marketers felt people couldn't sit through 3 hours of film. *grumbles*

Still, Death Proof is definitely awesome. And I really loved the ending. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:30 am 

Regarding the trailers, how cool would it have been at the 'thon, to follow up the trailers of "Don't Answer the Phone," "Don't Go In the House," and "Don't Look in the Basement," with the Grindhouse fake trailer of "Don't!"? Sweet!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:32 pm 

So, did the marathon show the "Don't" trailers. Sorry, I'm not sure if you were hoping for them to show them in the future or if they showed them BUT didn't follow up with the Grindhouse trailer.

Those 3 trailers back to back would have been super cool to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:14 pm 

Yeah, they showed the three "Don't" trailers. It just would have been fun to see them follow up those three with the "Don't" from Grindhouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:23 pm 

Yup, what AEinhorn said. You would have known what I meant if you were there, Carter! :)

We missed ya, buddy!

Anyway, I talked with Bruce and Joe about that, after the REAL "Don't ..." trailers ran. Bruce said that the Grindhouse trailers are impossible to get your hands on! Otherwise, of course, he would have ran the Grindhouse "Don't" trailer as well. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

carter9000 wrote:
So, did the marathon show the "Don't" trailers. Sorry, I'm not sure if you were hoping for them to show them in the future or if they showed them BUT didn't follow up with the Grindhouse trailer.

Those 3 trailers back to back would have been super cool to see.

Ah, my amnesiac friend, but you DID see the three "Don't" trailers back to back to back when I played them at the 2002 Studio 35 Horrorthon. The trailers played in the afternoon, featuring "Don't Go In the House", "Don't Go in the Basement" and "Don't Answer the Phone" all in a row. But I payed the whole thing off with the next trailer...."Don't Look Now"!!!! The collective audience groan is still one of my proudest moments as a programmer.