The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marathon Odds and Ends
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:41 am 

Well another Horror-thon is upon us and here is some info you need.

The weather according to weather.com it is going to be Showers with a high of 69 degrees F and a low of 53 degrees F. For Saturday 10.20.21. For Sunday 10.21.07 There will be Scatter Showers High of 69 degrees with a low of 47 degrees. Note this is taking from a ten day forecast so it might change.

Be mindful to the people who are sitting next to you. If someone doing something that is not proper DON'T DO IT.

Bring money for concessions. This helps to keep the thon going. I think there will be special pizza runs. Contact Joe or Bruce.

Be kind to Joe and Bruce they are getting up in the years, behave yourself. Thank Them. They don't have to do this.

Clean up after yourself. It will help the "volunteers" who will have to work that night.

any additions be helpful

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:15 pm 

Son_of_Zardoz wrote:
Well another Horror-thon is upon us and here is some info you need.

The weather according to weather.com it is going to be Showers with a high of 69 degrees F and a low of 53 degrees F. For Saturday 10.20.21. For Sunday 10.21.07 There will be Scatter Showers High of 69 degrees with a low of 47 degrees. Note this is taking from a ten day forecast so it might change.

Be mindful to the people who are sitting next to you. If someone doing something that is not proper DON'T DO IT.

Bring money for concessions. This helps to keep the thon going. I think there will be special pizza runs. Contact Joe or Bruce.

Be kind to Joe and Bruce they are getting up in the years, behave yourself. Thank Them. They don't have to do this.

Clean up after yourself. It will help the "volunteers" who will have to work that night.

any additions be helpful

You may not like every movie but just because there is a film you don't like it does not mean others don't like it so keep the comments to a minimum and respect the people who are watching the movie.

We all like the occasinal funny comment but this is not MST3K and if it were those guys are funnier than you are so leave it to the pros.

Always listen to Wednesday 13 before coming to the horror marathon or you will die* (sorry this is not my rule but the will of the horror Gods and therefore is uncontestable)

And as stated above Bruce and Joe deserve our respect and praise for keeping this tradition alive so treat them in kind.

*Death Disclaimer:
This could happen anytime between now and 100 years from now and may or may not be violent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:36 pm 

By the time you attend the marathon, you have hopefully been using toilets properly for some years. Late nights and public bathrooms are not reasons to forget where to pee. Oh, and FLUSH, fer Chrissakes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:58 pm 

In regards to those around you, especially those in front of you...I realize 14 hrs is a long time (us veterans remeber the 24 hour marathons---those were the days...), but try to keep mindful of the knees and kicks to the back of the chairs in front of you as well.

Try to not only thank Bruce and Joe, but also any employee of the Drexel...they don't get an unusual crowd like us every night.

Feel free to engage in some conversation with those you know and don't know while waiting outside in line to get in before the marathon starts. Brush up on your horror movie trivia, get to know some new stuff, and have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:32 am 

Please flush I don't want to see a horror show in the restroom. I might say WTF during Let Them Die Slowly. I saw some clips of the flick and they gross me out. This is the person who have a huge collection of Italian horror flicks on DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:46 am 

If you only remember 3 things make it these 3 things........

It takes lots of Money to put on a show like this and the theatre is lucky if the cost of admission covers the cost of the film prints......

SO SPEND SPEND SPEND $$$$$$$$$$$$$....

1) Everyone should try to spend atleast $20.00 at the snack bar

2) Buy a shirt, they are cool and everyone will envy you when you wear it.

3) Bring a friend that wasn't planning on coming already...everyone has atleast one friend that you have dirt on and you have been waiting for just the right time to blackmail them well this is a good cause and everyone wins, the marathon gets another ticket sold and your friend gets back those pictures of him/her with that sheep (it could be any farm animal but since the marathon is showing Black Sheep I used a sheep as an axample)

These 3 simple things will ensure the marathons return next year!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am 

Thing #4, please remember you will be in a pretty full theater with a lot of other people for a long period of time. Personal hygeine is a necessity. Please allow yourself enough time to perform a few basic acts such as showering and applying deoderant prior to coming to the theater. This will allow you and those around you to have a much more pleasant experience.