The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:20 am 

I have a boot from europe already...I love the song being a huge COF fan anyway. But this the 3rd of the "witch" trilogy kicks much ass

Cradle Of Filth Vocalist Records Theme Song For Dario Argento's Latest Horror Epic Mother of Tears: The Third Mother.

Grammy-nominated, British shock rockers Cradle Of Filth have delved towards a new level of darkness. Vocalist Dani Filth recently recorded vocals for the theme song to Dario Argento's latest horror/suspense opus Mother of Tears: The Third Mother. The song, entitled "(She's) The Mother of Tears" was composed by Claudio Simonetti. Simonetti, a veritable legend among horror film scores, is also noted for penning music to such classics as Dawn of the Dead, Suspiria, Phenomena and several episodes of the popular series Masters of Horror.

Says Dani Filth on his experience working on the film, "'It was a real honor to be asked to work alongside Claudio Simonetti from Goblin, especially as it's the last of a trilogy for a Dario Argento movie. The whole project has been very exciting to say the least. I received word that my services were being demanded of and I was especially delighted to have been given free reign with the vocals, both musically and lyrically, preserving the lush choir that forms the backbone of the chorus. The result is a four-minute homage to the last and most dangerous in a trio of powerful witches whose aim is to enslave the world. Having finished the song (which is intended for the film's credits), I am now tense with anticipation for seeing the how the two work together... the film apparently rocks!"

Mother of Tears: The Third Mother concludes Argento's cult trilogy that began with Suspiria (1977) and Inferno (1980) and revolves around the resurrection of demonic witches in Rome. The film stars Asia Argento (Land of the Dead), Udo Kier (Grindhouse, Rob Zombie's Halloween), and Cristian Solimeno (Footballers' Wives) and is slated for a late autumn worldwide release. It is rumored that this film may also be the last directorial outing for Dario Argento, whose horror career has spanned almost forty years and included such cult films as Deep Red, Demons and Tenebrae. This experience continues Cradle Of Filth's growing trend of offering dark music to films and making the films rather darker. The band's previous soundtrack credits include Underworld: Evolution, Alone In The Dark, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Ginger Snaps, and Faust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:36 pm 

I met Claudio Simonetti at Cult Con many years ago and he is indeed a genius. He is the driving force behind many Argento films as well as Goblin. Wish they would have stayed together long enough to have been there. I still favor Phenomena(Creepers) as my top Argento followed by Suspiria.