The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:21 am 

I know this is way in advance, but I was wondering if anybody knew the exact weekend of the Horror Marathon this year? I know we're six months away and traditionally it's the weekend prior to Halloween. In which case, it would be the weekend of hte 23rd, however; the Doom Clock (which I really appreciate, thanks Dennis) runs out on the weekend of the 16th. Reason being, I'm planning a trip with my wife and a few friends and these two weekends came up. I've been coming to the Marathon for 5 years and I don't want to miss it, so if the thon' is on the 16th, trip will be on the 23rd and vice versa. If Joe, Bruce, Dennis or anyone involved could e-mail me I would really appreciate it.

Jude:
hammondeggs5@yahoo.com :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 am 

I have no input in the scheduling. I have a haunted house party every year the weekend just before Halloween and the marathon has usually been the weekend before that. The Fairfiled County fair is usually the week befor that. So I typically only work a few day a week for most of October.

Last year, Halloween was on a Friday, the marathon was on the 18th and 19th. Looking at some old Studio 35 flyers and 2007. they were also on 18/19 and 19/20. The fact Halloween is on the weekend, though may scramble things.

I usually jestingly pester Joe at the sci fi, I din't this year, but start asking in earnest in August so I can plan my party in October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 am 

That's understandable. the problem is, we are trying to schedule this cabin and the sooner the better. I want to take the gamble but at the same time I do not want to miss the Marathon. A few years back, my friend missed the marathon for a wedding and he was texting me on how pissed off he was for not being able to come!! Ironically, he's going on the trip as well and neither of us want to miss it!! We've already agreed that if we do miss, we're renting a bunch of horror movies, having our own marathon in the cabins at Hocking Hills and sulking the whole time because we've missed the Marathon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:11 am 

Why not schedule the cabin for both weekends and when the exact date of the marathon is announced, just cancel the cabin for the weekend you don’t need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:44 pm 

MarathonVet wrote:
Why not schedule the cabin for both weekends and when the exact date of the marathon is announced, just cancel the cabin for the weekend you don’t need.

thought about that, but to reserve the cabin, you have put 50% down first. then when you cancel, there's a 30% cancellation fee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:02 am 

I will say this, and likely regret it. But, if I had to bet on which date was right, I would pick the horror over the scifi every year. The horror in Columbus is almost as consistent as you can get without a Holiday to plan it around like Boston and President's Day.

Having said that, Joe and Bruce will now have it the first week in October. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

I would have to assume that the Horror Marathon will be on Saturday October 24th, but there are a lot of factors that could affect that between now and any kind of announce date. Hopefully, we can get something confirmed by early summer. Sorry if that's not more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am 

^
|
|
|
|

Shows what I know. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 am 

Dennis wrote:
^
|
|
|
|

Shows what I know. :)

Fiddlesticks!! Well, if that date holds true, I will be missing my first marathon. Thanks again for all the updates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 pm 

I would prefer to have it on the 16th as well, the 23rd feels too late

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:59 am 

Wow, the Doom Clock was right. This is totally random luck and in no way should this result make anyone plan around the dates I guess. I just got lucky, it seems. Well I had a 50/50 shot, not like I won the powerball.