The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:50 pm 

What are you getting ready for the retun of the 24 hour horror thon? Work will occupied most of my time. I taking a personal day on friday to get ready and try to rest or how will I try to rest. Watching bad SyFyTV movies to get ready for the cheesy horror flicks like The Werewolf vs the Vampire Women and Daughter of Darkness. Watching the Bread DVD one last time. Any other thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:38 am 

Actually I have wed-Friday off, part of that is for the marathon, part is for the local county fair. I've been watching some Minight Monster Hops on the TiVo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 pm 

Someone else is watching WCMH 4.2 DT (Digital signal UHF 14.2) The local digial OTA station WDEM CD 17.3 also airs low budget B movies as well. Be warned that right now WDEM CD broadcasting at 1.05 KW. They are working on boosing their signal to 13.5KW. Right now I've have to use an amplifier to pick up the station. BTW Midnight Monster Hop have about 30 episodes produce so reruns are expected. I just have an Echostar DTV Pal Plus with DVR. It does have an HDMI port in the back and that is commected to the first HDMI port of my Samsung HDTV. Second HDMI port is the HDMI to DVI cable for my Mac Mini. Two RCA flat panel amplfied indoor antennas one for the DTV Pal Plus and one for the DTV tuner bulit into the Samsung HDTV. So I can do the watch one show and record another.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 am 

willcail wrote:
What are you getting ready for the retun of the 24 hour horror thon? Work will occupied most of my time. I taking a personal day on friday to get ready and try to rest or how will I try to rest. Watching bad SyFyTV movies to get ready for the cheesy horror flicks like The Werewolf vs the Vampire Women and Daughter of Darkness. Watching the Bread DVD one last time. Any other thoughts?

Whoa, there! DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS is far from a cheesy horror flick! It's one of the classiest, most sensual horror films of the 70s. I hope it doesn't get the same What Was It Doing At The Marathon heave-ho that many seemed to have given to VAMPYRES. And, DAUGHTERS is on an even higher plane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:57 pm 

Daughter of Darkness will screen well into the night. Thats my guest. Plus people will make the most lowbrow jokes about the content of the film. "I'll be out of it" to a point that I might snicker once in awhile. I'll snicker on how bad the riffs are. Well it is less than four days to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:40 pm 

willcail wrote:
Daughter of Darkness will screen well into the night. Thats my guest. Plus people will make the most lowbrow jokes about the content of the film. "I'll be out of it" to a point that I might snicker once in awhile. I'll snicker on how bad the riffs are. Well it is less than four days to go.

I understand DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS may be shown in the middle of the night, I just meant that it's wrong to lump it in with 'cheezy' films like WEREWOLF VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

L.A. is right here: DAUGHTERS is a far different film than WEREWOLF. Both Bruce and I have wanted to play DAUGHTERS for many years, mostly due to its status as a classic of the genre. It's widely regarded as a cult classic of world cinema. True, there's nudity to spare, but this is a sleek, decadent erotic horror film, not a corny laughfest.

...and yes, it'll be playing in the wee hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:22 pm 

I do have the DVD. Are you certian that the movie wasn't made to make a quick buck. So to speak. Like some of the European film producers are known to do during that time period. I remember when Fearless Vampire Hunters was at one of the Studio 35 horror thons and remember some of the tasteless jokes. Or I don't want it to become the Cafe Flesh incident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:55 am 

Later this week I'll be watching the films that played at last year's marathon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:12 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
L.A. is right here

:shock: !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:29 pm 

willcail wrote:
I do have the DVD. Are you certian that the movie wasn't made to make a quick buck. So to speak. Like some of the European film producers are known to do during that time period. I remember when Fearless Vampire Hunters was at one of the Studio 35 horror thons and remember some of the tasteless jokes. Or I don't want it to become the Cafe Flesh incident.

Fear not there, while there is ample nudity - and Andrea Rau is ridiculoulsy lovely - this isn't a quickie sex movie. Take him or leave him, Director Harry Kumel is a serious artist. Also, check out his outlandishly odd MALPERTUIS with Orson Welles. And, if you haven't done so already, listen to the commentary on the DVD for confirmation of the serious intent.

For a NSFW view of Rau: http://www.horrorphile.net/images/daugh ... ea-rau.jpg

IamJacksUserID wrote:
Joe Neff wrote:
L.A. is right here

:shock: !!!

....like a broken clock I guess......

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:42 pm 

I would suggest shopping at Big Lots for some cool $3 DVDs including Prozac Nation,It's Alive,Private Parts,Return of the Vampire,Die Monster Die,Last House on the Left,etc. Also the Morse Road Walmart has tons of great $5 DVDs of stuff like Happy Birthday To Me,Blackenstein,Fright Night,Halloween 4/5,Blacula/Scream Blacula Scream,TCM and more. Also Deepdiscount.com is having several horror DVD sales in which you can pick up some low priced goodies.
Stock up while you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 am 

I did purchase Revenge of Frankenstein and Revenge of the Vampire from a Krogers on Hight Street that is near the Campus Gateway District. 5.99 for both DVDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:31 am 

I’m currently watching “Kill Baby Kill” … and before the day is done I intent to watch “Let the Right One in” and “Meet the Feebles”.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 am 

I am going to see POLTERGEIST tonight and tomorrow I plan on watching a couple horror films to get all primed and ready for the marathon