The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worst Marathon Ever?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:38 pm 

I've been going to the marathons for 22 years, and obviously I like them, because I keep coming back. But this year's (2009) horror marathon has to be the worst collection of films ever. "Irreversible" easily ranks as the most obnoxious and depressing piece of crap I have ever seen part of, and discussing whether it or "Henry" are really "horror films" seems ludicrous to the point of laughter. And if Stewart Gordon thinks he is a great contributor to the genre, he has delusions of grandeur. His work is totally MST3000 quality - good for a laugh and nothing else. And what's so great about H. P. Lovecraft? Everything I seen adapted from him is just monster and nothing else. I like a little intelligence, to make it interesting. The only zombie movie I ever really liked was "Fido," primarily because that's how I think the zombie genre should be treated. But don't get me wrong - I'll be back next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:12 am 

So, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? Sorry your post made me think of that old joke.

I am glad you are going to come back, and I think you have some valid points about Henry and Irreversable. Was there anything you did like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 pm 

That hateraide served up front was strong.

I fully respect your dislikes but i do strongly disagree on Stewart Gordon, and there is alot of great things about the Lovecraft Mythos...I am sure i am not alone in that matter.

I'm happy that you will not let this years thon keep you away from next year. Alot of sweat and hard work go into these things...And of course you can't please everyone but we do have this forum to say whay we do and don't :)

Post subject: Worst Marathon Ever?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:49 pm 

In response to the question "Was there anything that I liked," I did like "Devil's Daughters," because it had some originality. And the live music was a nice touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:31 pm 

The Horror-thon I dislike was one of the Two Headed Marathon with the bad The Shining print. I like the movie but its been played to death. Having a movie that runs near three hours at a 14hr thon doesn't make sense. This year's return of the 24 hour thon I wish there was better selection of movies.