The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Review
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:07 am 

This marathon had the BEST LINEUP of movies that I have EVER seen at any movie marathon, ever before. It even had one of my most favorite films, Prince Of Darkness. You guys saved the best, for last. My only problems that I had were there were the cup holders. Where are the bottoms? That's only a minor inconvenience. The REAL problem with the marathon wasn't the marathon itself. It was who I sat in front of. I sat in front of these two annoying people, one of whom went up for the costume contest, dressed in black, etc. When Psycho was playing, I said something about the movie, and one of them said "Oh yeah, go for the OBVIOUS joke!", You know what? I can say what ever the hell I want about the movie! I paid for a damn ticket to it! When Hausu (House) was playing, there was a scene where some city in Japan was bombed during World War II, and both of the morons behind me chanted "USA! USA!" That REALLY pi$$ed me off! After the movie, I had to get up and sit at a different seat before I beat the sh@# out of both of them. Other than the two stupid a$$ racists I sat in front of, the marathon went great. I strongly appreciate everyone that worked on it. I don't want anyone to think that I'm some mean, rotten person that bashes everyone. That is not how it is. I love Asians VERY much, and it infuriates me whenever anyone insults them in any way. I would say this to their faces, but I don't know how to contact them, so I am left with my only other option: this forum. I have respect for respectable people. ;)

Post subject: from David
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:10 am 

I really didn't mean to offend anyone (other than the two people who I sat in front of) by my angry words. I had a great time at the marathon, and I thank everyone who worked on it, including Joe and Bruce. I'm just a very respectable person, so I would never talk like those guys did, to anyone. If I say anything offensive, it's because I really am offended, and not just to have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Neff wrote:
Psst...bkv1969...click on the ARCHIVES button on the site's main page (and on the main page of www.scifimarathon.com, as well). More updates to come in the next few weeks.

By the way, bits and pieces of these should start appearing over the next few weeks as I dig my own photos off my camera and collect whatever I can from other folks.

Big thanks goes out to Michael Newton for providing the first batch of seed photos. If anyone else has any they wish to have immortalized in our Archives, just drop a line here or send me a message ... we're more than happy to accommodate. :)