The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:40 pm 

I'm not sure how "official" this is because it is all shakey and bootleggy. But here is 10 minutes of brutal footage from the upcoming Piranha 3D.

Alledgedly, this was supposed to be screened at Comic-Con but was cancelled due to the extremely intense R-rated nature of the footage. I'm not sure where they draw the line at things like that or how they police themselves, but there is no denying that the content is pervasively disturbing.
I was on the fence myself, but this may have sold me. It also appears to be taking itself way more seriously than I originally thought it might. The thing that worries me is that there are so many killshots and gore gags here it makes me wonder what is left. Like a bad trailer, I may have seen all the best stuff beforehand.

So be forewarned, it's lengthy and spoilerific. And, of course, very R-rated and NSFW. It's also something that may disappear quickly, as is the nature of second-hand footage like this.

I'm sure this is right in your wheelhouse, Jaws3Dfan. Unless you want to avoid spoilers, enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 pm 

BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA
Oh that was soooo over the top. I may have to go see it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:23 pm 

I was at Comic-Con, covering it for ComicHeroNews, and I can say that there are some weird rules about what they will show *at* Comic-Con, even while they promote some very "adult" stuff.

Case in point. The display for "The Walking Dead" (which looks awesome) has a recreation of an abandoned house seen in the first few episodes. This house used to belong to a group of people who kill themselves rather than let the zombies get them. In the trailer (which is cycled constantly at the booth), you can see that they wrote, in blood, "God forgive us". In the display, they write "Please forgive us," in an effort to be "family friendly."

Because Comic-Con doesn't check IDs at the door to panels and presentations, it would've been impossible for them to show that clip at the con. So, they moved it off-site.

Honestly, the publicity of "being banned from Comic-Con" is probably worth more to them then the publicity of showing it on-site would've been.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 am 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
I'm not sure how "official" this is because it is all shakey and bootleggy. But here is 10 minutes of brutal footage from the upcoming Piranha 3D.

I'm sure this is right in your wheelhouse, Jaws3Dfan. Unless you want to avoid spoilers, enjoy.

I am not above a good blood soaked spoiler :) I will check this out when I get home tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 am 

Run DO NOT walk to the closest theater showing Piranha 3D and watch it now.....This is what a 3-D movie should be!! I will post more later but trust me if you like Boobs, Blood, Gore and Old fashion in your face 3-D gimmicks than you will LOVE this movie!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:09 am 

I've wathced already the pirnha 3d and it was great

but not that really scary.

It seems that it is more on suspense.

cheers for that movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:11 pm 

I'm usually up to speed on this kind of stuff, but I just heard about this today, and all I have to say is:

Best. Sequel. Title. Ever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:52 pm 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
I'm usually up to speed on this kind of stuff, but I just heard about this today, and all I have to say is:

Best. Sequel. Title. Ever...

Oh Hell Yes!!!