The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seat update!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 am 

Jerry -- our seating person -- was out Saturday to do the final measurements for the seat layout in the theatre.

He'll be installing 2 seats along each wall, leaving aisles between the center section and the two seats on either side of the auditorium. If you were ever in the theatre prior to 2009, it's basically the same layout it used to have. We had a lot of requests from customers and marathon-goers for those side seats, so rather do a continental layout with everything in the middle, we're acceding to your wishes. ;)

There are three more rows being installed at the back of the center section.

Also, the handicap seating area at the back of the auditorium will have two rows of six chairs, which leaves space on either side of the rows for wheelchairs and scooters (4 total).

It's possible that the new seating will have tablet arms that rotate up and then fold down. Jerry is bringing one of these down in the next couple of days for me to check. I figure if I can comfortably sit in one, then it's a go. Any of you who know me can attest to the largishness (sic) of my size.

Any questions?

-David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:50 pm 

Will there be cup holders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 pm 

Quote:
Will there be cup holders?

Nope. When we replace the first fourteen rows in the center section next year, we may look at cup holders. The lack of cup holders is good in one way, in that it means, statistically, we deal with fewer spills than theatres with cup holders.

One thing we are looking at for early next year are flip down cup holders on the back of the seat in front of you. Those have the benefit of not reducing the effective width of the seat by 2+ inches. And believe me, for someone my size two inches can be the difference between relative comfort and agony.

-David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:51 pm 

Sounds good to me!