The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am 

This weekend our IFC Midnight Movie is TETSUO: THE BULLET MAN, third in the TETSUO series.

Take a look at the trailer on our YouTube channel

This Friday--Sunday, February 11-13 at modnight!

Directed by Shinya Tsukamoto, TETSUO: THE BULLET MAN is the story of calm office worker Anthony, son of an American father and a Japanese mother, who lives in Tokyo with his wife Yuriko and their little son Tom. Since Anthony’s mother died of cancer, his scientist father has been overly fearful for their health and rigidly subjects Anthony and Tom to monthly physicals. Walking home, Tom is killed in a hit and run before Anthony’s eyes. Losing their boy pushes Yuriko over the edge and triggers violent emotions in Anthony, whose body begins to transform. Little by little, his cells turn into iron. When the driver who killed Tom reappears and Anthony learns the truth about his father’s past experiments on human guinea pigs and about his mother’s death, Anthony mutates into a mass of metal – a human weapon fuelled by an uncontrollable rage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 pm 

Awesome! Tetsuo is still one of my favorites! Tetsuo II not so much - but I'd definately be up for seeing III on the big screen - I might just make the drive to Columbus tonight to check it out.

Glad I checked the boards today to see this, just in time! Say, Dave - do you guys send out an email newsletter? If so, please put me on it! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 pm 

That was enjoyable! It was no Tetsuo: the Iron Man - but it was certainly better than Tetsuo II. Thanks, Dave!

I'll have to start coming down for your midnight series - that's a great line-up!