The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:10 am 

To all those who know about the coolest and best horror/drive in/exploitation show in the country this isn't news but in just mere hours the next Cinema Wasteland will be underway from April 1-3. Round the clock horror EVERYTHING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:48 am 

I second this. I try and go every spring and fall. If you've never been, do yourself a favor and go sometime. You'll have a blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 am 

Cinema Wasteland is now over and one of the most fun times ever as usual. Next show in October is an actual Basket Case reunion. Another non miss show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:21 am 

I love the Wasteland. I've been going to every one since the spring '06 show, which I found out about thanks to the promotional postcards that Vince had at the Delaware Shriek-O-Rama.

I did an almost step-by-step recap of my experience last weekend on my movie blog, if anyone's interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:55 pm 

Glad to hear I helped another on the path to obsessive horror fandom by attending The Wasteland. I(like the marathons) have been to every single one since they've started. Did you guys stop by to buy some posters out of my Tub O' Posters? Always have some great one sheets and pressbooks to sell cheaply.
LIke the blog report on the show. Nice and detailed. Wasteland is crazy with things to do round the clock. I think I got 11 hours sleep over 3 days after leaving work Thursday night/Friday morning and heading to the show. I am also a non drinker and still have a total blast staying up till 6am every night talking about the inner workings of The Pit or the high art of Make Them Die Slowly or the great acting of Paul Naschy.
Also,keep an eye out for the drive in versions of the All Night Shriek O Rama in Mansfield again this year. I know it's a drive but these may be the last times these events can be held in the fading era of the drive ins.
And start saving your pennies for the October Cinema Wasteland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 am 

Infra-Kid wrote:
Glad to hear I helped another on the path to obsessive horror fandom by attending The Wasteland. I(like the marathons) have been to every single one since they've started. Did you guys stop by to buy some posters out of my Tub O' Posters? Always have some great one sheets and pressbooks to sell cheaply.
LIke the blog report on the show. Nice and detailed. Wasteland is crazy with things to do round the clock. I think I got 11 hours sleep over 3 days after leaving work Thursday night/Friday morning and heading to the show. I am also a non drinker and still have a total blast staying up till 6am every night talking about the inner workings of The Pit or the high art of Make Them Die Slowly or the great acting of Paul Naschy.

Thanks for checking out the blog. I didn't know you had a Tub O' Posters set up, I'll have to seek it out next time.

As my blog might have given away with the lack of references to directly interacting with my fellow fans, socializing is the one area where my convention (and marathon) experiences are lacking. I'm a very awkward, socially inept person, so I mostly keep to myself at these things. I need to work on that.

Quote:
Also,keep an eye out for the drive in versions of the All Night Shriek O Rama in Mansfield again this year. I know it's a drive but these may be the last times these events can be held in the fading era of the drive ins.
And start saving your pennies for the October Cinema Wasteland.

I'll be at all of these events. Looking forward to them.