The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm 

Been contemplating going to Cinema Wasteland this Fall. Any tips if I should decide to go? Should I make reservations now? What can I expect?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 pm 

Can't believe you've waited this long to go to the coolest horror show on this side of the US. I'd say if anything wait till about August to book a room or get ready. I'll have flyers out at the Fritz The Nite Owl events and around Columbus at Cinevent and Marcon and at various toy shows. Also just keep up on everything at the website www.cinemawasteland.com
For main advice I'd say get there early,get some food in you,bring lots of cash and get lots of sleep beforehand. This show stops for no one. There's movies going up till after 2am,room parties,late night talking of films,etc. And remember to have fun celebrating the long gone days of the drive ins and grindhouses. To anyone in Columbus who remembers The Roxy,they know what a grindhouse is. To anyone who went to the all night horror marathons at various drive ins in Columbus to see Toolbox Murders,Deep Red,Hills Have Eyes and Guardian of Hell,you know what I am talking about. If you need an intro I'd say check out the Sam Sherman doc,Producing Schlock over on Youtube. It's off the many Troma/II DVD releases from years ago but captures the era very nicely.