The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:43 am 

http://www.ohiohorrorfest.com/

October 22nd 2011 may be the same weekend as our horror marathon but if it's not than I may have to go to 2 horror marathons this fall :D

This is a good Idea, maybe something our marathon should try. It's guaranteed Money for the event:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2072792056/5th-annual-horror-movie-marathon-at-the-little-art

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:01 am 

It's not a bad idea at all, honestly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Barring an unexpected change, this year's SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK will emanate from the Grandview on October 15-16. The decision to move it up a week was based mainly on Mid-Ohio Con moving their date to October 22-23.

The Kickstarter site is ideal for the Little Art because of their main problem: seats. As you can see from the picture, the theater has a very limited capacity, making it difficult to keep ticket prices affordable while still presenting 35mm films or expanding to 24 hours.

Despite not selling out during the first two years, SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK has turned at least some profit both times. Now hey, the easiest way to continue our Marathon's health and stability would be for everyone on the board to bring two more friends. But I'll leave that to you, the faithful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:16 am 

As a marathon stalwart who also has a vested interest in attending Wizard World Mid-Ohio Con, I am pleased to hear that these two won't conflict.

I am similarly pleased to hear that the Horror 'thon turned a modest profit, as that bodes well for its future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:56 pm 

Now I've gotta hope Chicago's marathon is the 8th and 9th!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 pm 

MEATFETISH wrote:
Now I've gotta hope Chicago's marathon is the 8th and 9th!

That would be sweet, 3 horror marathons in one month

Joe Neff wrote:
Barring an unexpected change, this year's SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK will emanate from the Grandview on October 15-16. .

Thanks for the update Joe, thats good news!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 pm 

I am now an official backer for this marathon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 am 

Per the website:

We didn't make our fundraising goal. :(

Thanks anyway to everyone who pledged.

The show must go on, one last time...

Horrorfest V
The Final Chapter
10.22.11 @LITTLEART

http://horrorfest.littleart.com/

Who can survive back to back Horror Marathons and what will be left of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:05 pm 

I just got this email:

We asked for your help, and you stepped up to the plate. We didn't meet our fundraising goal, but the show must go on. We've decided the fifth annual horror marathon at the Little Art Theatre will happen anyway, October 22, 2011. We anticipate this will be the last horror marathon at the Little Art, but it just didn't feel right to let the event die with a whimper -- we'd rather go out with a bang!

Remember the money you pledged was NOT collected. You still need to buy seats if you want to attend the marathon. For being generous enough to pledge to be part of the marathon, we are offering you and the other backers of our Kickstarter project the opportunity to buy discounted tickets.

You can buy tickets right now for $17.50 each. That's $2.50 off the regular price of $20. This offer is good through Saturday, September 10, 2011 only, so act fast.

Three titles have been confirmed so far for the marathon: ALIEN, REAR WINDOW and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN. Three more titles will be announced soon, and we're also promising at least 50 classic horror movie trailers will show during the marathon. If you haven't already, make sure you sign up for email updates at http://horrorfest.littleart.com to be notified of all marathon-related news.

Please accept my sincere thanks for making a pledge to keep this event alive. I hope to see you at the final marathon October 22!

Post subject: Latest on Horrorfest V
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:02 pm 

I received this e-mail from Horrorfests organizer today...

Hello, everyone...

We're pleased to announce that tickets are now on sale for our fifth annual — and most likely final — horror movie marathon. This year's marathon will feature six films, including Blue Underground's newly restored presentation of Lucio Fulci's Zombie, Ridley Scott's director's cut of Alien, and rare 35mm prints of Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein and Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. The complete lineup will be announced soon, and of course there will be plenty of classic trailers, too!

The event starts at 9:30 p.m. on October 22, 2011, at the Little Art Theatre in Yellow Springs, Ohio. (Doors will open at 9 p.m.) You can buy tickets now via PayPal or at the theatre with cash on the night of the event.

For more details, be sure to visit the marathon website at http://horrorfest.littleart.com

Sincerely,
Zack McGhee
Marathon organizer