The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Texas Chainsaw 3-D
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 am 

Anyone going to see Texas Chainsaw 3-D this weekend?

Post subject: Re: Texas Chainsaw 3-D
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am 

Looks terrible beyond belief, but that said, I'll probably movie hop into it and hate myself afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am 

Texas Chainsaw 3-D was pretty Good, the story was better than I thought it would be, everything you see in the trailer happens in the first 45 minutes and the new story begins. I liked the way they tied it all in with the original TCM. Not Sure 3-D added much to the movie other than having the chainsaw in your face a few times but overall well worth seeing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 am 

Gotta strongly agree with you Jaws. Texas Chainsaw was perhaps the worst, most insulting movie I've ever seen! I movie hopped earlier in the week and it was that or wait 40 minutes for Jack Reacher to start and I didn't want to invest that much more time at the theater. Big mistake. Texas Chainsaw was made by a bunch of cynical hacks who couldn't care less about the original movie or horror fans in general. I can just picture them sitting around a table one afternoon and writing the script in one draft-each time something didn't make any sense (every scene) someone would say "Screw it! Horror fans will watch anything! Opening weekend is all we need!" It was the laziest script I think I've ever seen. Seriously from the very idea of making it a "direct sequel" to the original and the kidnapped baby only ages 20 years in the 38 years that pass?!!!! Lazy! No really, just the laziest writing right off the bat. There was no reason to set this movie in 2012 other than the stupid facetime gag with the phone. I'm sorry but no police officer investigating a crime scene is where the killer might still be there without calling for back up let alone being distracted by his cell phone video... And the last act where
Spoiler: show
the heroine decides to help leatherface because she saw the newspaper article about the vigilantes killing her family (that she didn't even know existed until 24 hours ago. Sure, he's a cannibalistic mass murderer who just killed all my friends... but he's family....Please!!!
Just a horrible wretched movie on every single level. Reminded me of Plan 9 From Outer Space when she was tripping over the cardboard headstones. And who were all those other family members with the Sawyers at the beginning? They kind of looked like modern WalMart rednecks instead of hardened Texas cannibals. Seriously one of the worst, most disdainful movie I've ever seen. Makes the Black Christmas remake look like a masterpiece. Please don't give this movie your money! Please don't see the sequel. This was 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back but if I every meet the filmmakers, I'm going to beat that 90 minutes out of it. Seriously, Automatons has more integrity and intelligence than this movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 am 

MEATFETISH wrote:
Gotta strongly agree with you Jaws.
Doesn't Seem like you Strongly Agree with me :D

Although I do agree with alot of your review I have to say I was just happy it wasn't all like "here Leatherface, we brought you a new batch of victims" the story went beyond that, flawed story? Yes very much so but still an attempt to further the legend.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:39 am 

I haven't actually seen the film, and I will probably wait until it hits Netflix. But from what I have read, there were a lot of reshoots that the studio demanded to make the story more "modern". Originally it was supposed to be set in 1993, 20 years after the original movie is set (1973). But the studio decided they wanted to put in cell phones and iPhones and Skype and all that **** because the young audience would like that. Which is incredibly stupid. So they decided that the events of the original would now take place in 1992. Which of course is insulting to fans of the original and makes no sense at all. The original movie clearly says that it is set in 1973. I've read reviews of the film which state that there are shots of old newspapers in which the date "1973" is blocked out so you can't read it. So the girl is actually supposed to be 20, not 38. Even though changing the date makes no sense and the young audience doesn't care anyway, they just want to see Leatherface cut people up with his chainsaw. It's ridiculous. :roll:

This was all the studio's decision. The director and writers had no control over anything. It was originally announced as being "the true sequel to the original" (even though Chainsaw 2 kinda was that already) but somewhere along the way, all that changed thanks to studio interference. It was upon finding out about all this that I decided not to pay to see this film. To each their own.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
MEATFETISH wrote:
Gotta strongly agree with you Jaws.
Doesn't Seem like you Strongly Agree with me :D

Although I do agree with alot of your review I have to say I was just happy it wasn't all like "here Leatherface, we brought you a new batch of victims" the story went beyond that, flawed story? Yes very much so but still an attempt to further the legend.

Damn ADHD!!! *disagree... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 pm 

MEATFETISH wrote:
And the last act where
the heroine decides to help leatherface because she saw the newspaper article about the vigilantes killing her family (that she didn't even know existed until 24 hours ago.) Sure, he's a cannibalistic mass murderer who just killed all my friends... but he's family....Please!!!

I don't think her decision was based on "He's Family" more than it was based on "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" These guys were going to kill her just to keep their secret, Leatherface had already accepted her as Family and would never hurt her....so she choose to help him knowing he would kill her enemies. Also the entire reason she went to the house was to learn who she was and where she came from, the parents that raised her were horrible people that were not much better than her true family. In her eyes everyone she has ever trusted has lied to her and betrayed her (like her boyfriend and her closest friend) Leatherface is the only person she can trust to protect her and never lie to her. Family is Family and THE SAW IS FAMILY.

Does this make sence?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:41 pm 

Bought the 3-D Blu-Ray of Texas Chainsaw 3-D today. Can't wait to watch it again!!